8th Ed. Kroxigor Stomp

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by DanBot, Sep 24, 2012.

1. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Do the Kroxigor stomp at str4 or str6?

This question comes up because my friend plays ogres and normally stomps at str4 with his iron guts with great weps. Logic being, why would an iron gut with a great wep stomp harder than one with a hand wep? Figured the +2 str from the wep only works when you are using the wep. Makes sense, but I always see people stomping at str6 in battle reports with their kroxigor. Is that wrong?

We are both really new and he only stomps at str4 because of the logic of it.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Stomp are at base strenght unless something is specificly modifying it.

3. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

Which is stated in the Stomp special rule description in the Universal Special Rules section for reference.

4. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Thanks for the help. But one more question.
    It says in my book under stomp, stomp is an automatic hit at the model's strength. Does that wording always mean base strength? Or would they say it's modified strength if they meant it could be modified? It wasn't very clear for me.

So if a model uses potion of strength, it still stomps at it's base strength? Nothing modifies stomp?

5. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

The strength of the model can be modified via a spell to increase the strength of the stomp but it is not modified by weapons (i.e. gw or halberds). However, since the potion of strength can only be taken by a character, only a character with stomp themselves would benefit (i.e. ogre & minotaur characters). The PoS would have no effect on a character mounted on something that had stomp (e.g. carnie lord, empire captain on peggie, etc.). Wyssan's wild form from the lore of beasts is one way to boost a stomp. The issue of the ogre stomp is also sometimes confused as they have a special rule on the charge that increases the impact hits by +1 for each rank beyond the first and some people erroneously apply this to the stomp as well. Until we get a new book, kroxigor will continue to stomp at S4.

6. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

My questions are more for ogres than anything else, my krox are in skrox. I just figured I'd link it to lizardmen via krox. So PoS does modify it for a hero? Basically just not weps because they are not in use?

7. Switchblade
    Saurus

Switchblade New Member

If i model my kroxigor with his GW tied to his foot, THEN can I use S6?

In all seriousness though, yes, anything that modifies the strength on the profile will increase Stomp. Weapons do not modify the profile, they merely add to the roll itself for wound.

8. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I like that answer. I understand that, along the same lines, if I dwellers his iron guts they are str 4?

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

yep you got it.

10. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I wish it said the str of the attacks are +2. Or mentioned that the str on weps just figures into attacks in the magic weps section or something. I think the generl statement, I wish the rules were clearer fits most everything warhammer related. Thanks for the help.

11. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

ogres have IMPACT HITS that gain higher strength (depending on ranks, not weapons though). maybe you are confusing this with the stomps?

12. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

Well, technically, those strength bonuses are when you use the weapon, not simply when the model attacks. I can't give a model a halberd and the giant's blade for +4S, for example.