7th Ed. last man standing

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Eternity_Warden, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

When there is only one TG left in the unit, does the Slann have to enter the front rank? I know kroxigors must do so in skink units, but I was wondering if the Slann could keep hiding if, sotek forbid, there is only one temple guard left.

:pigeon:

2. rickie_82
    Saurus

rickie_82 New Member

Back rank can never be bigger then front. So the slann moves up. Explained in same place as kroxigor/skinks in LM army book.

3. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

On top of that this is clearly stated in the rules for ranked units in the BRB. I can't quote you the page but the incomplete rank is always in the back.

A slann in a unit of 1 temple guard model must be placed next to him. The mixed units of Kroxigors / Skinks is like a unit of TG w/ a Slann.

4. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

So, presuming your unit starts 5 wide, when the frontage reduces to 3 the slann is moved forward

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Do remember that his large target LoS counts when he is in a TG unit, and technically 1 model left is still a unit so you still have LoS as a large target while that one lone TG is standing next to you. For some reason known only to the gods, once that guy perishes the palanquin is grounded. o_O

6. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

True, though if this unit was in CC the slann would then technically be "in combat" so he couldn't really utilise the LOS advantages.

Another thought along similar lines, I believe you aren't allowed to do anything that would adjust your frontage in combat, (add/ subtract ranks) so if for whatever reason you we're 2 models wide going into combat (TG conga? useless I know but for the sake of the point) and you were down to 1 TG and the Slann would you move him forward as this would change your frontage form 2 models wide to technically 3.....?