Let's Get Motivated - September 2024

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Imrahil, Sep 1, 2024.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hello boys and girls and welcome to Let's Get Motivated - September 2024

This thread is too get us motivated each month into finishing projects that we have on the go, the rules are fairly simple.

At the start of the month post what you intend to try and finish this month, it can be models/terrain/conversions of any game type. No pressure if you don't finish anything this is for motivation nothing else.

Around the middle of the month post your progress, no images please, if you have want to share your progress with images, upload them into your blog and supply a link.

Around the end of the month post your progress, again no images, if you have finished a piece upload the images into your blog and supply a link.

The reason I don't want images in this thread is too get everyone that takes part views intheir personal blog where the community can critique, etc.

You don't have a paint blog? well get one started in this forum section.

If you need advice etc. post here and the community will try and answer.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress

Grrr, !mrahil

2. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

J.Logan Well-Known Member

September Goals:

Paint one grown up Mandalorian-Jedi Grogu miniature

Paint four assorted miniatures for assorted RPG purposes

Assemble and paint six Perry Bros Footknights for my Empire army (sort of breaking a self-promise to not assemble any more minis until I've gotten through the unpainted massed, but with some Old World games coming in the future I want to finish getting the army finished)

Grumble and complain and buy (and assemble) another miniatures storage box for the proxy Empire army.

Be thankful that I already have enough 25mm square bases for the footknights that I don't have to worry about buying a replenishment for the moment.

JTSleep and Imrahil like this.
  3. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Lets go!

-Paint stegadon (since @Egres started and I promised him to paint mine as well)
    -Paint those Nids (since it is my first commision job, it should have priority)
    -Paint crisis suits
    -Assemble 3D printed Tiburon (awesome hammerhead proxy)
    -Paint at least 10 germans for BA
    -Paint at least something for british FOW

Egres, Imrahil and J.Logan like this.
  4. pyro-dragon
    Skink

pyro-dragon Member

Gotta break away from my scattergun approach
    - Remaining 3 Chimeras painted, assembled and magnetised
    - Finish Kroxigor conversions

JTSleep, J.Logan and Imrahil like this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Well lets get into this month's wish list. Since the school vacation is over there is more room for the hobby during the week.

- Finally finish 10 Uruk-hai Scouts
    - Paint the 2 heroes of the Necropolis faction (HOMM3 Board game)

- Scenery work, mostly tiling to do.

Grrr, !mrahil

JTSleep and J.Logan like this.
  6. Egres
    Ripperdactil

Egres Well-Known Member

Well I did poorly last month I mean there somewhat table top my hunter got the most amount of paint and my oracle/steg/slann got at least 3 colours on them.

to add the top I’ll I’ve now got on my list of things to paint aka PtG list as follow

Oracle
    Steg
    Hunter dartpipe
    Slann
    The star blood stalkers (very low priority)
    Hunter Bolas
    Bastiladon solar
    Saurus guards
    Kroxigor warspawned

And probably a starpriest coming up next weekend lol

and many more !!!

now more then anything I wanna paint the troglodon so I can glue him to the base and stop using blue tack!! I guess same for the oracle on him .. and then at least get 3 colours in everything excluding the starblood they won’t get the extra GP anyways so no rush there but still would be nice to have a bit of paint in them!!

J.Logan, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  7. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

First update of the month:
    Paint stegadon - skinks found hidden in box'o bits.
    -Paint those Nids - 6 out of 7 done
    -Paint crisis suits - primed
    -Assemble 3D printed Tiburon - need to smooth out connection points and done

-Paint at least 10 germans for BA - done a bit more :)
    -Paint at least something for british FOW -

8. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

Day 10 Report:

Paint one grown up Mandalorian-Jedi Grogu miniature - Done

Paint 4 miscellaneous/RPG models - In Progress 2/4

Assemble and paint six Perry Bros Footknights for my Empire army - In Progress 4/6

Grumble and complain and buy (and assemble) another miniatures storage box for the proxy Empire army - In Progress; plenty of grumbling, grumbling for days, enough grumbling that the Dawi are nodding in approval. Not actually bought it, and certainly not assembled it.

Be thankful that I already have enough 25mm square bases for the footknights - Done; praise the Old Ones for my foresight/hoarding

Bonus Objective: Look deranged whilst I do a rain-dispelling dance in the front yard, so I can prime my models :mad::confused::mad::confused:

Imrahil, - Q - and JTSleep like this.
  9. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

Day 13 Report:

Paint one grown up Mandalorian-Jedi Grogu miniature - Done

Paint 4 miscellaneous/RPG models - Done

Assemble and paint six Perry Bros Footknights for my Empire army - Done

Grumble and complain and buy (and assemble) another miniatures storage box for the proxy Empire army - In Progress; Still hemming and hawing. Unexpected expense this month has me reluctant to spend money even though I specifically have the money set aside. I hate seeing my balance dip below a certain number.

Be thankful that I already have enough 25mm square bases for the footknights - Done; I give tribute to whichever Old One blessed my foresight.

Bonus Objective: Look deranged whilst I do a rain-dispelling dance in the front yard, so I can prime my models :mad::confused::mad::confused: - Done; but with the knowledge I might have to repeat the act.

---

As I still have half a month with no goal...

A New Challenger Approaches:

Paint ten 3D printed saurus redcoats (with optional cackling and telling people that "the redcoats are coming!")

JTSleep and Imrahil like this.