8th Ed. Life Lore Attribute, Limitations of it

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Scalenex, May 20, 2012.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

"When a spell from the Lore of LIfe is successfully cast, the Wizard (or another frienldy model within 12" instantly recovers a single Wound lost earlier in battle."

There's little question in my mind if this can heal a wounded Kroxigor, Salamander or character near the Slann. What I am unsure of is whether you bring back a fallen Saurus or Skink from a nearby block that has taken casualties.

I thought Lifebloom only worked on living multi-wound models but my opponent said it works on anything Regrowth does. I didn't argue it at the time because that was in my favor. Before that game I played it such that I could only use Lifebloom to heal living multi-wound models.

I'm using LIfe oftne in a campaign I'm playing. I neither want to give myself an unfair nor do I want to cheat myself out an advantage that I am due.

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Regrowth and the life attribute are similar but have different limitations. Only the spell regrowth allows models that have been removed to be brought back since the spell targets a unit and specifically addresses how models are brought back to life. The lore attribute only affects a "single model" (see its description) and thus it can only heal a wound on a multi wound model, including characters and their mounts. That being the case, your first interpretation was correct so I would continue using lifebloom only to heal multi-wound models in the campaign since it cannot bring models back from the dead.