8th Ed. light and mounts

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by mitros, Oct 7, 2012.

1. mitros
    Skink

mitros Member

do mounts(cold ones lets say) benefit from buffs from the magic phase? like ws10 I 10? or bironas?

2. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

Ultimately yes, I though I haven't found an exact rule quote,

On BRb page 104 it states "a character and his mount are considered as a single character model for all rules purposes except for those stated below" and it doesn't mentioned augments (or hexes) therefore it is a single model thus will be affected.
    Also BRB page 100 "on the other hand, many spells and magic items bestow special rules and other effects on units. In this case, everyone (including the character) in the combined unit will be effected"

So if the cold one was in a unit it would definitely be affected, but since they are just one model then even if they were solo I would argue both are buffed, conversely would your opponent agree that if a hex reduces a character movement by 3 you could say "this doesn't affect the cold one" and keep using movement 8? I think not.

The only grey area is when you come to augments that specifically target characters (like savage beast of horrors) if it targets a scar vet on a cold one (a single character model) does both components gain the buff?? Does a stegadon ridden by a skink chief gain buffs from the beast spells?
    I personally I think not but cant really defend my opinion

3. mitros
    Skink

mitros Member

thank you for the reply! my thoguhts were yes also (i do not have the BRB with me atm so i could not check) but i wanted to make sure! i see your point about some spells from the lore of beasts, but i am not troubled because i am not intenting to play that lore!
    Thanks again

4. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Lore of Light augments all target units rather than models, so mounts would definitely be included. Beasts isn't as clear ...