1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like A Boot From A Clear Sky

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

Today I was kicked in the head by a flying boot. Was out tossing a tennis ball to my stepsiblings, aged 10 and 12. One of them was up on a small “earth cellar” hill, tossing the ball to her big brother down on the ground, who had a baseball bat. I fetched the ball for them.

I was walking away from the small hill, when I heard the girl yell something. I turned around, and was suddenly hit in the face by her boot. The shoe was loose on her foot, and when she dangled her legs about out of eagerness, it suddenly dislodged itself and flew through the air. It struck with surprising force and sent me knocked to the ground, glasses flying. No lense damage. All an innocent accident, but damn funny.

Tomorrow I’ll have to see if the optician can bend back the spectacle frame properly. If people wonder why I have a big bruise on my right cheek, I’m split over joking that an angel flew down and kicked me in the head, or say that a drone lost battery and fell down. :p

Random event of the day documented. Do you have any fun little everyday stories to share? Please do so here if you like!

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

This is a good one! I'll have a think about it.

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Change the phrasing to "An angel flew down and kicked me in the face."

Face is slightly funnier than head.