AoS List Ideas for 4E

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Globular, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Globular
    Skink

Globular New Member

Hey all,

Now that the app/rules for the new edition is out, what are people thinking as far as listbuilding?

I don't have a lot of solid thoughts yet, and wanted to put up a space to throw ideas into the blender and see what comes out.

2. Globular
    Skink

Globular New Member

For what it's worth, here's my take:

-The Troglodon is strong! Not as awesome of a support unit as in late 3.0, but his combat profile hasn't really changed much, while his competitors (Carnos) have gone up in points and down in use. I'm considering a Trog Tank build, at least for lower point games: 14 wounds, unmodifiable 4+ saves, and healing 1d3+3 wounds each turn should help him survive

-Shadowstrike Starhost looks great. A lot of potential with Skink Cav lists, especially since the fliers count. Add in the "+2 Move" asterism, and our people will be -fast-

-Slann isn't an auto include, but it's close. Not only is it a shield against enemy magic, the complete lack of limits on what units he can bring is clutch. That said, I'm not sure which Manifestation Lore is the best.

-Aggradons might be useful! They are still very expensive, but they have enough wounds to actually get " stuck in" like they want to. I foresee a lot of anti-cavalry countercharges