7th Ed. little question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by umpiedumpi, Apr 28, 2009.

1. umpiedumpi
    Skink

umpiedumpi New Member

if a reg of archers wanna shoot at a group of temple guards with slann, may they specialy shoot at te slann or not?

2. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

no since he is no longer a large target he can no longer be targeted by him self just the unit as a hole

3. umpiedumpi
    Skink

umpiedumpi New Member

can he attack in melee? can he BE attacked in melee? he can just use his magic attacks?

srry it are much questions but i got to know

4. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

he can be attacked if he is in a unit of regular saurus in which case he would be in the front row if he is with

temple guard then he can no longer be attacked by enemies since he would be in the second row if the unit falls

to less then 3 in which case your probally gonna lose anyway he would be put in the front rank but still is good

protection for slann and in either unit if he is in the front rank he can attack but it is bset not to have him

attacking he is a caster personally i like to run him by himself even though he no longer takes away ranks

from flanking but give him a standard and he can still turn a combat hope this helps good luck

5. umpiedumpi
    Skink

umpiedumpi New Member

so if the regiment(temple gaurds) ar charged he can fire missiles at the other enemy regiments?

6. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

yeah it says so in the book

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah it does say quite clearly in the guardian section of the Slann page in the book. Basically think of him being not in the unit but right behind them, or even floating above them. Enemies cannot see him to shoot him, they cannot target him in combat, they cannot challenge him and for his LoS he can see over the temple guard so can always cast out of the unit. Remember things like cannons could still get him, but he would get a look out sir roll as normal.

8. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

i thought that look out sir was for under US 3 i can't remember where i read that though

9. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I think it may be US5 and below. Don't have my book handy, but I can think of a few US 3 models like ogres and Dwarf Lord on shield bearers that get look out sir.

10. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

A model losses "Look out Sir" rolls at US5. And can someone not challenge a Slann? I do not recall that being a rule, though I'd be mighty glad if it was true. I think someone can try to challenge the Slann if he's in the unit, but the Unit Champion/Chakax/Scar-veteran presiding could always accept it instead.

11. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

no he can't be challenged because of the same reason you can't challenge from the flank the models are not in combat themselves

12. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah he can't be challenged because he isn't actually in the fighting rank, only models fighting can challenge or be challenged.

13. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

accepting a challenge can only be done by characters in a fighting rank. so as long as the slann is protected and not in base to base contact with an enemy, he cannot be challenged, and so can't refuse.
    also he is already in a safe spot, so if he declines, where should he go? no where...

14. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

If a Slann was ranked with regular saurus and refused a challenge would it not move him to the back of the unit where he could cast again?

15. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

nope, cause only the temple guards act like guards and therefore they don't block LOS for the slann. saurus are not trained in that matter ( or spawned) and block the LOS of the slann.

the guarden rule is only specific for temple guard.

so in any other unit the slann will act like a normal 40mm based US3 character.

16. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Not so, I believe. In the Slann's description of the Palaquin it simple says to treat him as a Large Target when he casts a spell, regardless of what unit it is. So he can cast over anything, cept Stegadons.