1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Custom Dice?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by ChandlerGriz, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

Has anyone on this forum ordered custom dice for their LM army? Or is anyone interested in doing a forum wide Chessex order for dice? 16mm with a symbol replacing the 6... now what symbol?

GN93 and Captaniser like this.
  2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have never seen it done on this site. However, I would be interested in placing an order for some.

Captaniser likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Maybe a gliph of Sotek ?
    (there are some pics in the army book somewhere)

Basicly this one.

Lizardmen_Glyph_by_Dark_Bryne.jpg

4. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

I'd be interested, so long as the price isn't exorbitant.

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I usually prefer to replace the 1s versus replacing the sixes. I would vote for the icon that looks like a moderately irrate Slann head for a 1. I guess I'm used to a lot of d6s with skulls (or birds or runes) for 1 so using the 1 instead of the 6 would be easy for me to read.

6. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I agree with that. As far as D6 go I usually see the 1 replaced rather than the 6.

Also I would be interested too.

I like the symbol in the center of the stegadon howdah. I think it's kroak's mask?
    lizardmen_stegadon_howdah_large.jpg

7. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

So many good icons in the lizardmen army book.

My vote would go for the one n810 put up.

8. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Kroak's mask would actually work for 1s.

9. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

I got the custom skaven dice that were done by Chessex for the Underempire forum and I love them. It would be great to give my lizzies the same love. I'd buy them whether the glyph were on the 1 or the 6. But better still, put the glyph on the 6 and a snake eye on the 1, so when you roll "snake eyese" it actually is a pair of snakes eyes!

I mean you'd think someone would have thought of this by now? I just did a google search and check this out:

Snake%20Eyes%20Dice%20-%20Large.jpg
    http://www.toyvault.com/Sales/retailersalesnov05.htm

Over at UnderEmpire we ultimately came up with two variations of dice, one with just the 6 replaced with the symbol of the horned rat, and another version with every number replaced with scratch marks, using the skaven font I drafted 12+ years ago. I could easily come up with an aztek glyph for each number. The issue is going to be cost. There were easily 10x more skaven players even before 9th edition plastics made that number explode. We need to order a significant amount of dice to get the price down to something manageable. Therefore, the first step would be to start a poll and gauge interest. It would be helpful to have images to accompany the poll so people can get excited about this. If someone is willing to do the basic research and help set this up, I will donate what artistic skill I can muster. Let me know :)

10. Tim-rek
    Skink

Tim-rek New Member

I like the 6's replaced, then I can channel on the symbols. There are loads of images on the glyph sets, any of those (especially the angry looking Slaan!) would be awesome!

11. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

I would definitely be interested if they didn't cost an arm and a leg, and they looked cool. I definitely like the idea of using glyphs, and I like the idea of the images being on the 1s.

12. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I think snake eyes is genius. In that case I think 6s would need replaced with a glyph.

13. Huichi Mixi
    Skink

Huichi Mixi New Member

I would be interested

14. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

OK, we need a volunteer - someone to supervise the project, research on Chessex' website the costs and options, report back, start on online poll, secure down dice commitments, fulfill orders...anyone have a couple hours to spare over the next few weeks? This could be great promotion for Lustria-Online, and could be a nice source of commission income to some enterprising young man or woman :)

15. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Polls don't currently work on Lustria. Unless we can get a vote like that I think it would be hard to reach a consensus on whether to use the sixes or ones and what to put. For instance I would be against actual snake eyes. The reason: I would become a general pun on d6s in general and not really be LM dice.

16. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

Id be willing to get 16mm dice with a glyph that replaces the 6 as that is how my other current custom dice are. Plus replacing BOTH 6 and 1 could get confusing for you opponent and costly.

according to Chessex the prices for custom dice are as follows

So the pricing is this including the dice:

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
    26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
    100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
    200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
    500-999 dice: $0.42 per side
    1000+: please ask for quotes

Shipping to me would be anywhere from $6-$10 depending on the order size. International shipping from me would likely be anywhere from $3 -$5.

17. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

Would that be that price for each size that is CUSTOMIZED, or each side that is on the die itself? Because if it's the former, a lot of money could be saved should you go with whatever default font they have.

18. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Heh, yeah, whether it's $6 per die, or $1 per die is quite a difference.

19. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

per customized side

20. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Nice. I'm down for 20, preferably green, though I'll wait until we settle on a design.