1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizardmen keywords

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by blackrainbow, Jul 5, 2015.

1. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

So we now are labeled as both Daemons and Celestials, which sort of fits the new "realm" bit and I'm sure will have some future release application. Does this potentially mean we are kin to actual Daemons of Chaos (or even foul Skaven - some also Keyword: Daemon)?

I do like the ease of reference for Keywords, and my first glance at some prominent ones reminded me of the old AD&D Planescape spheres and realms.

What are all of your thoughts on this?

Ixt likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The key words are one of the only things I like about AoS. They can be used to great effect to clarify how/when rules pertain to units.

Ixt likes this.
  3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

I think it's to distinguish us from regular Mortals and Humans, whilst also making the Seraphon appear on the same playing battle field as their ancient enemy.

They're a Celestial race, beyond the mortal coil, who are explicitly opposed to the Daemons of Chaos (i.e. Daemons of Order - they're complete anathema to each other).

Ixt likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Serephon is a deliberate cognate to "seraphim" the Hebrew word for angels.

You know you live in a crapsack world when the angels sacrifice mass numbers to their volent snake god.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Gogery likes this.
  5. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Seraph can also mean "Serpent" ;)
    https://adventistbiblicalresearch.o...rpretation-hermeneutics/serpents-and-seraphim

Regarding "Daemon"...you aren ot evil because you are a daemon.
    You are a supernatural being of a specific caliber.
    In old Greece and Rome Daemons (or Daimon) was beings that offers blessings and inspiration from the "divine".
    They worked as a medium between mortals and divinity, which is actually a pretty correct description of both Chaos Demons and Lizardmen as Celestial Daemons.

Slanputin and blackrainbow like this.
  6. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

That's why Slann can summon other lizards. I think it may mean that other races have to travel through gates from one dimension to other. Slanns can open rift to Azyr for Saurus and Skinks who come to other dimension like demons.

n810 likes this.
  7. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

Great input, and nice historical context too, thanks. As I read more about battle scrolls and think more on my wee little lizards and how I will move forward with them (and the game), I think I do like the key words. It makes it easy to adjust units, just add key words. And to reference across the game-development side (Bob, go make a new unit - use these key words!) so I can see sort of how GW is moving with them.