1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Lizardmen men dealing with one of their own!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by davidczerwinski, Sep 29, 2015.

1. davidczerwinski
    Jungle Swarm

davidczerwinski New Member

Afternoon all

I'm new to Fantasy/Age of Sigmar completely. I play with friends on a very, very causal basis.

One of our playgroup runs Lord Kroak & temple guards combo, which is completely fine. No issues with this what so ever.

My question is, in the lizardmen army is there anything that can deal with this unit without using Kroak himself?

Any tips/ideas would be hugely welcome!
    Many thanks

Oldblood Itzahuan likes this.
  2. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Yes, but you need to deal with Kroak very quickly because he's a brilliant assassin and will kill your heroes very quickly if you let him. Thankfully we do have a lot of wounds for our heroes, so we have time to take him out.
    First thing you need is somebody who can dispel spells, your own wizard or a troglodon, the latter is probably better because it's fast, can be summoned, and you can afford to let it get withing range of the enemy wizard in order to dispel it. Do that, and make sure to dispel his Comet's Call spell any time he tries to use it, that's a priority.
    Secondly, kill Kroak as fast as you can. Seriously, hit him with everything you can as fast as possible. Chameleon Skinks are useful here because they can pop up behind enemy lines easy. But remember to do a lot of damage because Kroak heals at the end of every turn, so send your best for him.
    Lastly, kill all the heroes before fighting the Temple Guard. Kroak goes first, then any other hero because the Temple Guard get massive bonuses when heroes are nearby, starting with Wizards to stop that Arcane Shield. If he's a smart player, he'll use his TG defensively and set up battle lines, but hopefully he'll make the mistake of being aggressive with the TG and move them towards you. If he does that, play defensively yourself. Move to the far end of the board so he has to cross the entire thing to reach you, baiting him into running, the randomised distance for the units causing them to gradually separate and causing the battle line to break down, and also reducing his TG's ability to defend Kroak and other heroes.
    However if he plays defensively, you're in a pickle because TG are the best defensive unit in the game. Try to get your Chameleons to take out Kroak, and if you're feeling brave, try to summon some units like Salamanders or some other heavy-hitter behind his lines to destroy Kroak and other heroes. Do all that before engaging his TG in close combat, make sure they're weakened by the loss of their heroes before you run in, and when you do run in to his defensive line in the end, you'll have all your heroes intact (hopefully) while he'll have none.
    Also don't forget your Arcane Shield to up your Saurus' save from 5+ to 4+, and that your shields give you immunity to the TG's Rend. That will make a big difference. Oh, and if you use Saurus, put them in hordes, 40 per unit is ideal because Saurus get big bonuses for being in hordes. Spears are also better than clubs for the additional attacks thanks to better range, so try them.

And lastly, have fun. Remember that at its core, it's just a game. Whether you win or lose, talk to your opponent and enjoy yourself.

Bowser, ChubbSkink and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. davidczerwinski
    Jungle Swarm

Many thanks for the advise, I have no issue with him playing that combo. Cos in the end its about getting together and having a laugh and joke.
    I'm more trying to make my list competitive so he has a better game.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

That's fine, and I adore your attitude. You're exactly the kind of person I always love playing, good for you.
    But remember, that combo isn't as OP as some may make it out to be, you just need to have the right counters and a smarter strategy.

Bowser likes this.
  5. davidczerwinski
    Jungle Swarm

No its not the most broken combo I've ever seen, but cheap mortal wounds every turn, sometime with good dice 2/3 times a turn it does mount up quickly.

I just wondered if there was a quick easy solution of adding a unit or 2 too up my chances.

I basically run Korq-Gor, Gor-Rock, 2x Skink Priests, 34x Saurus, 24x Skinks with blow pipes, 2x Stegadons and 1x Bastiladon

6. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Could be worse, at least he can't cast Comet twice in one turn..

But if you want two units to add quick, 3 Salamanders and 10 Chameleons are your best bet. The Salamanders rend at -2, so they cleave through TG shields easily and do a lot of damage, and the Chameleons can sneak behind enemy lines easy.

Bowser likes this.
  7. davidczerwinski
    Jungle Swarm

Thank you.

Bainbow likes this.
  8. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

Sorry for asking, but what's that Lord Kroak &Temple Guard combo? New to the game but very curious on these new formations..