1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Lizardmen Sacred Spawnings

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Quillum, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Quillum
    Saurus

Quillum New Member

It has been a very long time since I've last posted anything here, life has a habit of keeping one distracted from the things they enjoy. But I'm back now and look forward to posting up some lists I plan to field here in a Border Princes Campaign being held at my local GW shop.

The reason I'm posting here, however, is that I am in need of some help. A few months back I had found a .pdf file called "Lizardmen Sacred Spawnings" that listed the different spawnings of the Lizardmen and how you could field an entire army of one spawning. It showed what Skink Priests of one spawning used for their spell list.
    The link I had bookmarked no longer exists, and like the fool that I am, I never downloaded the file either. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

I ask for this mostly because its yet more fluff I can work with as far as creating a history for my lists, since I'm a bit of a lore nut.

Lizardmen!! and Warden like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

3. Quillum
    Saurus

Quillum New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I seem to be having trouble with the link. It starts to download it with the adobe acrobat reader...but then gives me a message that the file does not begin with '%PDF-'
    I'm not familiar with this message.

Right now I'm off to work till 8pm CST, so any further responses won't be seen till then. Thanks again to those who help out.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

5. Quillum
    Saurus

Quillum New Member

Ah, when I said "It showed SKink Priests" I meant that it listed Skink Priests, didn't mean to imply pictures. Will check that out when I get home

And thanks again for the help!

6. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Is it just me, or does the pdf hardly say anything about what each spawning does? We are supposed to refer to the old AB then, no?

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea its assuming you have the 6th edition book...
    I can list what they all book later today then I can
    look at my old book.

Going from memory...

Quetzel gives +1 armor save
    Sotec gives +1 atack or frenzy or something
    tukuni gives aquatic
    hunachi lets you move freely through forest
    one of the other ones lests saurus ride cold ones
    the purple one gives MR+1
    I don't recall the other one...
    it may have been something like +1d pursuit or something?

8. Quillum
    Saurus

Quillum New Member

I've got the 6th edition book right, I still carry it around with me to the GW store just to sometimes relive the fun days of these spawnings. In any case, here they are.

Blessed Spawning of Tzunki: Aquatic and +1 initiative

Blessed Spawning of Sotek: Gives +1 attack on the charge in the first round of combat

Blessed Spawning of Quetzl: Scaly Skin save increased by +1

Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl: Roll an extra dice when pursuing and choose two highest, or three if mounted

Blessed Spawning of Huanchi: May move through forests, jungle and woods with no penalties like it were open ground

Blessed Spawning of Tepok: The unit/character adds +1 dispell dice to your pool

Blessed Spawning of Itzl: character only. Must have this spawning in order to ride Cold One or Carnosaur

And, last but not least.

Blessed Mark of the Old Ones: only one character in your army may have this mark. Character gets total of D3 rerolls that let the player reroll one D6 of his own that directly effects the character.

So there you have it...while the spawnings made our guys even more expensive, I still enjoyed surprising someone who thought they were safe behind a stand of tree with a nice block of Saurus Warriors. "Anvil is safe, haha! Wait, why are those Saurus moving through the tree....argh!"

Warden likes this.
  9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

The only sacred host that deviates much from the normal spawing is... Tepok

Skink Skirmishers and characters
    must purchase the Sacred Spawning
    of Tepok, which gives them Magic
    Resistance (1), for +20 points per
    unit and +20 points per character.

Warden likes this.
  10. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Sorry for the threadromancy.

Last night I was going through my old books looking for my Border Princes map and I ended up also finding my printout of the Warhammer Chronicles sheet that n810 posted earlier in this thread. Whoo!

I'm going to be doing a simple one-on-one campaign against my buddy who plays Skaven and I was thinking we'd use either the Border Princes map or the Lustria Campaign map (with a few modified rules of course). I am planning on taking one banner with the Prophet of Sotek for fluffy reasons.

So, questions to the forum:

1. Do you think the old 6th edition Spawning rules are fair to use with the 7th edition book, as is? Access to different lores for my Skink Priests would be fun.

2. Should the cost per spawning be on a points per model basis, rather than points per unit? I think the new WoC book went this way with Marks, right? I don't have that book.

3. Should there be further restrictions for Lizardmen armies of a single Sacred Spawning, or is the extra cost enough?

Thanks for any feedback! If there is already another thread with similar questions and answers, please point me there as I haven't found it yet.

Warden and n810 like this.
  11. Maazie
    Cold One

Maazie Member

That Article is confusing and weird. I still like he 6th Edition Spawnings. I hope we get something akin to them back in our 8th Edition Book.

12. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

I believe the 6th Ed. rules for Sacred Spawnings are fair to use with the 8th Edition. Moving your core units to special is a big comp (and honestly probably a disadvantage). Using the Sacred Host rules from 6th Edition are most likely fair because of the premium cost you are adding to many of your units.

I made some house rules for Sacred Spawnings intended for the 7th Ed. book here:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/blessed-spawnings-of-the-old-ones.9726/
    They should also work for your purposes.

n810 likes this.
  13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Warden and n810 like this.