1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizards vs. Vamps

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Kugelfang, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Kugelfang
    Saurus

Kugelfang Member

My army:
    Oldblood on Carno
    w/ASF sword, 5++ armour, Other Trickster shard, something

Scarvet BSB
    5+ armour
    lvl 2 priest- heavens- comet & sig spell
    lvl 2 priest- beast- wyssans & Curse

30 Saurus
    30 Saurus
    10 skirmishers

bastiladon
    steg
    3 Ripperdactyls

ancient

VS

Lord Vamp lvl2- invo & vortex
    Red Fury
    Ogre blade

Baby Vamp on steed lvl2- invo & raise dead
    lvl 4 necro- invo, vanhels, vigour, ????
    cairn wraith
    cairn wraith

48 skeletons- spears w/screaming banner
    8 ghouls
    5 dogs
    5 dogs

20 grave guard GWw/banner of barrow
    7 black knight
    corpse cart

varghulf

Turn 1
    He moves forward and doesn't cast much. Annoyingly not getting close enough to touch

I move things into position for next turn. Out of charge range so that he doesn't charge me. No spells. Shooting doesn't help.

Turn 2
    He moves forward again with his stuff. Placing his dogs between his knights and my ripperdactyls. His magic doesn't do anything again. I think I use a dispel scroll.

Ripperdactyls charge his dogs. My baby steg charges his other dogs on the other flank. I move my saurus up to within inches of his units so that he has to charge them. One unit opposite grave guard and one opposite skeletons with vamp lord. Bastiladon slight back to charge on my turn. Carnosaur and Steg on right flank ready to charge skeleton flank or his knights. No magic. I kill his dogs with my steg and get ready for varghulf. My rippers whiff and kill 4 dogs including combat res. DOH, now my rippers are hanging in front of his knights.

Turn 3
    He charges with GG & Varghulf (in flank) on my saurus block. Skeletons into other saurus. Knights into flank of rippers. His magic gives him ASF and puts curse of years on the saurus being flanked (I tried to dispel with my cube of darkness...roll a 1). He whiffs and kills 2 of the 30 (First of many horribly failed wounding rolls). Kills all of my rippers and they do nothing back. beats my saurus on left flank (varghulf & GG) and I flee 10. His varghulf gets 11 and kills them all. My saurus (w/ wyssans) kill his skeletons. His vamp lord kills my champ, but only by doing 2 wounds (fails on to wound rolls).

I charge his Knights with ancient and carno Oldblood. Charge skellies w/bastiladon. turned my baby steg to face GG & Varghulf. Magic does nothing. Skeletons die...lots of them. He challenges my BSB and does 0 wounds even with rerolls. He kills 1 saurus with his 36 skeleton attacks. great on to hit. very poor wounds and good saves for me. My carnosaur eats his baby vamp and the knights disappear in a crumble. I overrun the carnosaur into the corpse cart and the steg fails to hold back and charges to do basically nothing. skinks shoot last dog to death.

Turn 4
    Varghulf gets in front of my baby steg. GG turn to face bastiladon. ghouls can't get away from being charged by carnosaur so stay put. he raises some skeletons back and gets ASF from cart. He fails his to wound rolls in the skelly combat and does NO wounds on my BSB (2+ 5++). I kill a number of skellies and more crumble BSB takes one wound. I destroy his corpse cart and overrun into ghouls & master necro w/ wraith.

charge the varghulf. IF -1 to hit on the GG for the next turn. Kill the unit of ghouls and only necro/wraith left. Saurus & bastiladon kill lots of skellies. His vamp lord does no wounds. Crumble takes out enough to kill vamp lord. He calls the game.