8th Ed. long and close range

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by wbarobinson, Jan 12, 2012.

1. wbarobinson
    Saurus

wbarobinson New Member

For Shooting: If I have a unit and some models are in close range and some are at long range, do you count it all as short, long, or cut the unit in half? It says at the beginning of the BRB that you count distance between units as closest to closest, but it also says in the shooting that it is possible some models are outside of long range or frontal arc and therefor unable to shoot. It doesn't seem to mention what happens when some are close and some are far whether the far ones get a -1 penalty.

With a BSB General Slann in a temple guard unit, do I count 12 inches from the Slann's base or from the unit of Temple Guard's base. Because again it says in the BRB that you count unit to unit for distance.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

For shooting, I always split the unit's shots if that is the case. 6 in short range, 6 at long range. That is always how we play it.

I alway measure the Leadership range from the Slann's base because it is the Slann's leadership, not the units.

Hope this helps.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah for general or BSB range, you measure from the actual model not from the unit they are in.

Thats interesting though, I wonder if there is anything to support measuring things like burning head from the front of the unit rather than the actual Slann model, appropriate to the topic on that going recently.