8th Ed. Look out Sir query??

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Darius the Insane, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Darius the Insane
    Skink

Darius the Insane New Member

Hey guys, if you can pry yourselves away from the more interesting topics (ie the new book ;) ) and answer this for me that would be great

Can a oldblood/scarvet on cold one benefit from LOS roll if they are in a saurus unit? PLaying against my empire mate this weekend and suddenly realised I might be in trouble with his cannons.......

Cheers in advance

2. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

No. To get a look out sir, a character must be the same troop type as the unit. An Old Blood/Scar Vet on a Cold One is cavalry and would not get a LOS from an infantry unit of Saurus.

But the hero still cannot be targeted by attacks that are "distributed as shooting" as long as the unit has 5+ models. I'm not sure if this helps versus cannons.

3. Darius the Insane
    Skink

Dammit :( I didn't think it did but I was kind of hoping I was wrong because cannons aren't distributed by shooting lol

Thanks for the reply :) better revise my list a little I think

4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Charmed Shield is the new standard for cannon-proofing a cowboy. I'd recommend that.

5. Darius the Insane
    Skink

Yeah thats what I ended up taking plus itzl amulet. Small list (1400pts) no slann, just a field of skinks and 1 saurus unit. Almost massacred him :)

Cheers for the help guys