7th Ed. Lore of fire.... flaming?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by scalyskinsave, Mar 5, 2010.

1. scalyskinsave
    Jungle Swarm

scalyskinsave New Member

Simple and quick questions, does the spells in lore of Fire aside from the burning head and sword of rhuin counts as flaming attacks.

Logic says they are, unfortunately the brb doesnt say so.

Had a game against tomb kings today, and was in for a rude awakening ehen i lost the argument that fireball did flaming wounds.

Please refer to documents/faq's that says if it does.

Thank you very much.

2. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

It most definitely counts as flaming :) I believe it says on top of the page on which the lore fire spells... hang on, I'll get my rulebook

*runs upstairs*

BRB pg 112: "All spells in this list are flaming attacks (see the section on special rules on page 94)"

There you go :) the little paragraph above the spells ;)

3. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Wow, you should go ahead and punch the vampire player in the face for sheer stupidity. Apart from the fact that it says in the magic table that all spells are flaming, it's common sense!!!!

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Tomb Kings are not vampires, and Vampires are not Tomb Kings. Please remember that not all dem bones are the same. As a TK player in addition to my lizards, I take offense at seeing the regal denizens of the desert lumped in with those bloodthirsty bat-lovers. :p

5. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Heh, thought he said vampire at first.

They all crumble to dust under Terradon Rocks anyway.

6. scalyskinsave
    Jungle Swarm

scalyskinsave New Member

Oh wow, apparently neither of us and the three observers of the game bothered to read the italics.

It didn't matter in that particular game cause i won the dice-off lol.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. How embarrassing.

Just a quick note, the TK player is a great friend of mine... this only came up cause TK' as far as I'm concerned needs all the help they can get.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

As far as I am concerned, TK generals ned to stop complaining and learn how to make a competative list and make their army work for them. I stand by an unbeaten TK army and face opponents who quiver at the thought of them, in fact a couple have even gone as far as saying TK are cheesy. Granted, these day, they probably have no chance at all against VC and would greatly struggle against daemons, but really who doesn't?

I'm salivating at the thought of TK coming out later in the year and being powered up. I'm sure my opponents aren't, but my TK have been shelved for a couple of years so unless they get some new models that really entice me I don't think they have a whole lot to worry about.

8. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

is that at 2000/2250 strewart? if so i'm quite impressed! looking at tournament results for the last 12 months or so, i'd tend to agree with scalyskinsave, that they're rather underwhelming in the current rules, but i'd be interested to hear what you've taken (probably a subject for another thread i guess)

back on topic, yes imo the flaming note at the top of the lore is quite easy to miss, and while common sense would lead you to believe they're flaming, would it not also lead you to believe that the burning alignment is a flaming attack? :p

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Mostly 3k battles actually, and of course we all know that undead get more powerful the larger the battle is. I did play my fair share of 2k games as well though, and even a couple of 1k which were a lot tougher.

But yeah, discussion for another topic. I think I might have mentioned my basic army outline in the other armies section.