8th Ed. Lore of Life + Stegadon

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Ailideon, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Ailideon
    Skink

Ailideon New Member

I know I can recover wounds that my stegadon has taken with the lore atribute from the lore of life. Can I bring back the skink crew with the regrowth spell? How about skink handlers from my salamanders that were killed/eaten?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you can. The unit will recover multiple wounds first, then single wounds. So, when you use regrowth, you heal the steg first, then the crew.

3. Ailideon
    Skink

Ailideon New Member

Would the lore attribute heal the steg while regrowth brings back the riders? Almost a 2 for 1? Or do you have to finish the wounds off the steg first before the riders?

For example

Steg has 3 wounds left and no crew, I cast a regrowth (with throne activated) on it.
    Lets say i get 5 total wounds I can allocate. The lore attribute triggers and I can bring the steg up to 4 wounds. Do I then have to use one of the other 5 wounds to top off the steg to 5 wounds before I bring 4 crew back? Or can i allocate all 5 to bring back all 5 crew and still leave the steg with 4 wounds?

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The steg has to be fully healed before the crew can be regrown. As far as the lore attribute goes, I would say that you could apply that to the steg as well. In the example that you gave, you would heal 1 from the lore attribute, then another from the 5 rolled on regrowth. Then 4 crew would be regrown. You could not use the lore attribute on the last crewman because he is not a multiwounded model.

5. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The attribute happens after the spell, if you're all the way to reviving crew it's unlikely the steg will need it.

6. Battlehamster
    Saurus

Battlehamster New Member

I thought so too but I was reading the BRB and I don't see anything in the magic section to suggest that you have to take the lore attribute effect after the spell is resolved. It seems to me this would come down to the whole, "active player determines the order" rule. Anybody see something I missed?

7. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

can you bring the stegadon back form the dead with the spell, or just to remove wounds?

8. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

"Regrowth" has to be targetted on a unit. If the Stegadon is dead, there is no unit on the table to target, so no bringing him back to life.

9. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

Spell states something like "cannot be used to heal mounts" so can it not be used to heal if the Steg has been taken as a mount?

So apparently, if the Steg/Carno has been killed out from underneath its rider you cannot grow it back.

10. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

but isnt a normal steg a mount for the 5 skinks. Where i play they would never allow me to heal up my steg or ancient steg

11. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

Nope regular steg is a monster, so yes you can heal wounds on it.

Regrowth spell state – May not be used to heal Characters or their Mounts.
    Lifebloom – any friendly model within 12” of the caster instantly recovers a single wound.
    Lifebloom can therefore be used on Characters or their mounts, but cannot bring back models that are dead. So you could not use lifebloom to bring back a Stegs Crew, but you could heal the Steg or a character riding the Steg that has multiple wounds.

So don’t let them tell you “You cannot heal a Steg!” It is in the rules so you absolutely 100% can.

12. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

It can't heal characters or their mounts. So a character's steg won't be affected but a common one will.

13. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

Correct, but Lifebloom WILL heal a Character or his Steg.

14. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Lifebloom will heal anything that still lives.

15. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Yes, including the darn Stank since it is now classed as a chariot, which means that it can also get regrowth!!