8th Ed. LoS in skirmisher units.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Khaluk, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Khaluk
    Skink

Khaluk Member

I'm not sure if I have overread that part, but how does it work?

Can a character benefit from the 2+ lookoutsir in a skirmisher unit, if he is the same trooptype, but not neccesarily have the same base size?

Can a character mounted on a terradon/ripper or a coldone, still benefit from the +4 lookoutsir, if he stays within 6" of a skirmisher unit?

A mounted character, will allways have the 4+ lookoutsir, if he is within a unit, right?
    Does this still apply, if he leaves the unit, but stays near (6"?)

The reason I'm asking, is that I want my mounted characters to stay safe, in the first round, before they can reach enemy line.

2. Lizardmatt
    Troglodon

Lizardmatt New Member

Skirmishing doesn't impact look out.
    If a character is the same troop type (infantry/cavalry/monstrous infantry, etc) he gets a 2+ if he is in the unit.
    If he is a different troop type than the unit he is in, he does not get a look out at all.
    If he is all alone, but near a unit of the same type, he gets a 4+ look out.

Skirmishers have additional restrictions about who can join. A character on a mount cannot join a skirmishing unit.

An Old Blood or Scar Vet on foot could join a skirmishing skink unit and gain a 2+ look out.
    They could stand near the unit and gain a 4+ look out.
    If they are mounted on a cold one, they cannot join, and would not get a look out.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

3. Khaluk
    Skink

Khaluk Member

Thank you for clarifying this for me :)
    It helped a lot! Now I can plan my moves even better!