1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lustria Online Banner Art

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ArtoriusaurusRex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where the gorgeous banner art on this forum comes from? I cannot find it anywhere else. Was it an artist from here? I love each one so much

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I'm pretty sure that is a question for our illustrious leader @The Red Devil (long may he ribbit!)

Though as far as I recall it was commissioned art specifically for the website when it was created.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  4. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I'm sure the Lord Commander @The Red Devil will answer you whenever he is next on the forum. He is a busy lizard, but still makes time to answer any questions he has been tagged on :)

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I'm not sure on the specifics but the Red Devil's day job involves managing one or more websites and has (had?) a small company and got the graphic designer on his payroll to make the banners when his regular work was slow.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yep, to further clarify, he had.
    He's no more running that company so there's no more chance to have new kind of images

Each banner is actually two images, one for the background and one for the foreground. So they are more difficult to create, than just one image where everything is stuck where its drawn.

Scalenex and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  8. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

As mentioned they were created in-house by a very talented artist. Think the time needed for each drawing was close to 40 hours (the original images are of a higher resolution than those we use on the website). He also created the rest of the illustrations we have on the website, including the official avatars. At the time of launching the website, he did not want his name announced, if I remember I'll ask him if he might change his mind next time I talk to him.

Games Workshop, let me know if you're looking for someone that actually can draw for the illustrations in the books, and I'll send over his details :cigar:

On a side note:
    There were more people involved with creating the forum we have, all from frontend to backend developers and all did a good job combining their skills to create what we use today.

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

HA HA!!!!! :D :D

Well, we all appreciate it. It's a fantastic website.

All hail the Red Devil! Long may he ribbet!

Scalenex and Imrahil like this.
  10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I applaud all of those who made this great forum to what it is, beautiful and loving!

Grrr, Imrahil