TOW Magic Items for a skink chief on a ripper?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Discussion' started by discomute, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:35 AM.

1. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be a lot of options that are worthwhile. A cav spear with poison is a very cost effective weapon. No decent armour is really available given a shield is a natural 4+. Talisman of Protection and the Lizardmen version with magic resistance is always tempting but it's a lot of points for 3 wounds.

The potion of toughness is an interesting one, you're likely to be making a charge and could really turn a challenge. But still not a great item

Is there *any* item you'd consider?

2. BeardedLizard
    Saurus

BeardedLizard Member

I prefer to run my chief with Terradon instead of Ripper, usually with Ruby Ring + Charmed Shield.

I've ran an assassin type RipperChief with Piranha Blade + Charmed Shield. It's been decent at hunting mages and other softer heroes. Also gives very good combat res vs unit champions if they're foolish enough to accept the challenge.

Also tried Chief+Rippers with Spelleater Axe against a spellcasting demon army. That one worked great but very situational.

discomute and The bloated lizard like this.
  3. Kalisto
    Kroxigor

Kalisto Active Member

Chief+Rippers with Spelleater Axe

This may be a good combo i haven't considered, but you will lose poisoned attack. Personally i prefer glyph necklace if he is inside a unit. Another good combo is also bsb with the standard sun of chotec. Piranha blade...well i don't know, then i prefer extra hand weapon or terradon version with ruby ring to chase enemy wizards

4. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

I would think under any circumstances 10 points for a 5+ ward save and poison attacks (losing magic weapon and -1 ap) is a good deal. Certainly adding 4 for a cav spear

Sun standard of chotec works so well, only issue is the rippers aren't going to last, and are getting far out of position. So you sort of waste the effect of the BSB to get the bonus