8th Ed. Magic phase Dwarfs?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Creeping Death, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Creeping Death
    Skink

Creeping Death Member

Last sunday I was playing against a dwarfs player. During his turn he also rolled 2D6 for Power dice. Like that he could dispell my remains into play spell. He said that no where in the RB it is stated that you need to have wizards to roll those 2D6 at the start of the magic phase. Only to channel and to cast spells you need to have wizards. Is this correct? Thx in advance, because when I play against him the next time at least I ill know if he is correct or not (and when he is not, I can point it out to him). If he is correct, then I can also do it when I play with a priest free list ;-).

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep thats correct, he can still dispel RiP spells in his magic phase.

3. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

If an army does not contain a wizard, then that army gets to use the dispel dice from the dispel pool, and since his army is Dwarf, they get a "special" +2 to their dispel roll because of their natural magic resistance. The difference between having a sorceror and not for dispelling is you get to add the sorceror's level to the total score. (page 35 in the BRB).

Remains in Play spells can be dispelled on subsquent magic phases by the other player on his turn, but using the original casting value of the spell, NOT the enemy wizards casting roll.

4. DragonMage
    Jungle Swarm

DragonMage New Member

Yes, you can use power dice generated in your turn to dispell remains in play spells. even if you do not have a wizard or cast spells that turn.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I play against dwarves a lot. Dwarves don't have anything better to do with their power dice than get rid of remains in play spells so I usually pick lores with low reliance on remains in play spells. I especially like Light and Shadow.