8th Ed. Magic Phase with no mage.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by caldt, Apr 13, 2011.

1. caldt
    Skink

caldt New Member

If you do not have a mage in your army, do you get a magic phase? Such as in the case of dwarves.

Do they get to roll for winds of power and use the dice to dispell any remains in play spells during their turn, or do they have to wait and use up dispell dice during the opponent magic phase.

If they have to wait and use dispell dice, it makes the lore of life even more dangerous against them.

2. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

They get a magic phase just as anyone else. Rolling for the winds of magic has no bearing on the number of wizards you have, even if that number is zero.

They can use their power dice to dispel RiP spells without a wizard.

3. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

correct, same as if your mage dies turn 1, turn 2 you still get dice but can't use them for spells, and in the opponents magic you still get dispel dice and can dispel enemy magic but you won't get to add your wizards level to the dispel attempt.

Yours Aye

Mixer

4. caldt
    Skink

caldt New Member

So does that mean against something with no mages, if you have the lore of life remains in play spell on, they get 2d6 dice to try to beat 8? Can you dispell the dispell attempt or just watch them try?

Seems like it makes remains in play spells a bit redundant against dwarves.

Oh well, can always cast it again.

5. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

Yes they would be able to use there dispel dice for this even without a mage, they just don't get to add levels or mage abilities towards the attempt.

And yes dwarfs are more than beyond annoying when it comes stopping magic.

Yours Aye

Mixer

6. caldt
    Skink

caldt New Member

I know they can use their dispell dice. But I mean in their turn, during their magic phase, do they get the 2d6 power dice, and I get the highest roll dispell dice. Then can they use those power dice to dispell remains in play spells that I cast during my turn.

If so, can you do anything to stop that? Or do remains in play spells basically only last one turn against dwarves, unless they roll really really poorly for winds of magic, even then, 2 dice to get to 6 is not hard.

7. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

i believe they do yes.

Yours Aye

Mixer

8. Yakhunter
    Saurus

Yakhunter New Member

You are correct, Throne of Vines and Shield of Thorns are going to get removed from you every magic phase against dwarves unless they get the terribad winds of magic and there's nothing you can do about it except cast it again on your turn.