1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milliput?!?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Egres, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

hi guys,

Asking because I’ve never use it before.... this milliput look bad the outside as gone hard, last time I use it well a tiny bit of it it wasn’t great but this time I’m trying a bigger piece hopefully it’s going to work better?!

A3BF83AC-E6A7-470C-91CF-3A94E7510706.jpeg

It’s the silver grey one

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Just spend more time kneading it. I have used millliput that looked like similar before without any troubles. If you have any pieces of hardened skin that won't knead out just pluck them out while sculpting.

3. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

I manage with it i think.... normal it’s super sticky at first and eventually get better?!? Not by much but better I guess

Is green stuff easier to work with?!

4. ThePhilosopherX
    Saurus

ThePhilosopherX Active Member

Green stuff sticks to itself much better than milliput and stretches unlike milliput, but it is also much harder to keep an edge with. It is really up to you which you want to work with. I like green stuff more, as I find it easier to sculpt as it won't break apart easily. It might not be a bad idea to buy a sample to test it out and see how you like it.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Chef_xenos
    Skink

Chef_xenos Member

Greenstuff holds detail better but more expensive so if you are sculpting then its better to use brownstuff or greystuff as you skeleton then use greenstuff for the detail work

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

What do you mean by that?

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Well today I was trying to do mold with blue stuff... that been said I learn today less is more lol I put way too much milliput in the mold and couldn’t close it properly anyway ended up with a pretty thick parts

LizardWizard likes this.