1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Minotaurs = What Kroxigors should be?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by BezZeMad, Apr 2, 2010.

?

According to the background should Minotaurs or Kroxigors be better?

1. Minotaurs

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Kroxigors

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. They should both be equal

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Have you guys seen the rules for Minotaurs in the new Beastmen book?
    GW seem to have decided that Kroxigors are overpowered with S5, then they give Minotaurs S5, T5 and uber frenzy of doom!

How is this fair, what would you bet money on in a fight? A giant Cow? or a giant Crocadile?

Personally my moneys on the Croc.

What do you guys think? Have GW screwed up Krox's or should Minotaurs be better?

Bez

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I voted Kroxigor, but I meant to click equal. I think they should be equal, no stronger no weaker.

3. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Aren't Minotaurs T4?

4. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

So are Kroxigors.

5. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Yeah, I know ;) but T5 on the Mino's compared to a Krox's T4 would be a huge difference :)

6. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Toughness 4 on Kroxigar has never made much sense to me... considering Saurus are the same toughness. I guess this is made up for with the 3 wounds... which, in a way, represents that they are tougher than Saurus.

7. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Yeah! I know what you mean, it also really doesn't make sense as Scar Veterans now have more Strength and Toughness than Kroxigor!

It's Madness I tell you!
    I thought that they were T5, but I could well be wrong, I'll check now, so they are, ok I'll concede the point, Minotaurs are T4, so not quite so overpowered.

8. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

They are quite different beings IMO.
    Kroxigor are working beasts, and only in battle do they become ferocious.
    Mino's are just always ferocious and will kill on sight.

Having said that, gaming wise;
    They should be around equal. Frenzy for Mino's is good, and the absence of any fancy rules for kroxes (bar the skink-sweep) is also good.
    Unfortunately, kroxigor aren't really worth it. Not with this army book and this 'enviroment'. They're still pretty powerfull though.

The Hunted

9. superskink3000
    Saurus

superskink3000 New Member

Going on what Hunted said, Minotaurs are always vicious while kroxigors are only in battle. I believe that the minotaurs deserve to be better because all they do is fight while the lizardmen book directly states that the kroxigor were created as the beasts of burden for the lizardmen. As a result, they are not trained in war, and therefore do not know how to use weapons (they prefer to use their jaws and claws), but also would not know how to apply their strength in the heat of battle.

10. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

I think Minotaurs are what Ogres should be...

I do agree that losing a point of leadership and strength really hurt the kroxigors and what they are meant to do. I mean... really, what was wrong with them before? Also, skink chiefs are strength 4 as well... really?

Minotaurs should be stronger than kroxigors though, and they are. Weapon options, command options, frenzy, +1 attack when they win a combat
    The list goes on.

But let's be kind, the Beastmen need a unit like that. Losing Kroxigors just made everyone else switch up their armies, because we have better things. Beastmen need a good unit now so that they don't have to rely on str 3 troops or 7 leadership.

Besides... Kroxigor models have Minotaurs beat by a Landslide

11. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Hi Guys!
    Well thanks for all the replies!
    My personal opinion is that Kroxigors should have the same strength as Minotaurs and higher toughness.
    My first bit of reasoning is just by the background, Minotaurs are savage strong beasts. Whereas Kroxigors are massive beasts of burden.

My second peice of reasoning is personal prefrence, when I first started the hobby, the Ogre sized beasts always seemed to come in two tiers.

Tier 1: The weaker but cheaper Ogres and Rat Ogres
    Tier 2: The stronger but more expensive Minotaurs and Kroxigors

Therefore I think that Kroxigors should be better in the sheer toughness side of things (Strength and Toughness) whereas Minotaurs should be just as strong , but not as tough, but should have higher attacks and Initiative.

That's just my opinion anyways.

Cheers, Bez

12. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

lets not get the rat ogres ivolved, they should be above both kroxigors and miotaurs according to the background, alltough they should probably have less wounds given the questionable quality of the mutations

13. Purple Skink
    Skink

Purple Skink New Member

I could see how in the fluff the Minotaurs would be more vicious and combat orientated than the Kroxigors. But on the gaming field they should be just as strong and tough as one another, the minotaur having much more aggressive options though.

I know Kroxigors are meant to be lumbering strong creatures but when I think about them in my imagination I see them having lightening lizard speed, jumping 20 feet in the air, able to gracefully land or crash down powerfully.

14. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Lol, Minotaurs OP? Have you guys read what the bloodgreed rule means.

15. Lingbei
    Cold One

Lingbei New Member

I think at the moment the minotaurs aren't exactly more over powered (both as basic as I don't know what upgrades Minotaurs can get). Kroxigors have a T4 with a 4+Scaly skin vs T4 and a light armour save which shows the tough skin of the Kroxigors. Minotaurs always are in battle so it makes sense for them to have the +1 to there WS over the Krox's. The only real problem is the strength but I suppose it is done to show the minotaurs rage during a fight fuels them to be stronger perhaps?

16. Overhamsteren
    Skink

Overhamsteren Member

Yeah thread necro, special choice krox should be kroxigor ancients(rename champion to something else) and have S5. :p