8th Ed. Miscast or irresistible force?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by ollie, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

Imagine i use 6 dice on dwellers for example, and i roll 3, 4, 1, 1, 6, 6. So it includes a double six and a double of ones. Does the spell go off? Irresistibly?

When using a power scroll and getting a double 4 and a double 1, does the spell go off?

Or when book of hoeth is being used and i roll 1, 1, 4, 4 on any given spell. Does that spell then go off irresistibly without the miscast?

:walkingdead:

2. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

In 8th, there is no significance to double 1s (as long as your total roll is 3+), so the spell would go off in every case you listed.

In 7th edition, themiscast "trumped" the irresistible force, so the spells would not go off. At least that's true for the first case - I don't know the specifics of the Book, and Power Scroll wasn't a Common Item in 7th.

3. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

Wtf why havent i read the rules properly ^^ bye bye miscasts :droid:

Better ask on ulthuan on the book rules.

Thanks for the reply :)

4. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Don't say bye-bye to miscasts too soon. You don't miscast on double 1's, but anytime you cast with irresistable force, you suffer a "miscast" (actually loss of control or something like that) along with it. So you'll have to watch for double 6s instead of double 1s.

5. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

Yeah thats true, but since i use cupped hands and lore of life i think ill be safe for a short while tho. :D

6. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

Update: i was not safe with cupped hands, rolled with 6 dice the first turn on dwellers and got a double six. Which resulted in 3 dead chaos knights, and 1 dead slann and 14 dead temple guard.

The game was a draw anyway, so i am happy. It was against WoC.