8th Ed. Misscast versus nomination

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Libina, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Libina
    Skink

Libina New Member

Hey there!
    I was wondering if a wizard nominated by the slann (removes his 6's, can't remember the name of the disciple) is able to make a misscast or if the 6's are removed instantly?

Also I'd like to know about WS and magic resistance. I read that magic resistance was added to WS (provided magic resistance applies in the situation) is this true? If yes, what's the highest possible WS? Thinking of having a slann with magic resistance and the buff from EOTG.

Kinda new at WH and I'm at school so I appologize for any missing names on spells etc., I can't remember all of them. :)

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Using becalming cogitation (no 6s), the selected caster can not miscast at all. That said, the slann has a much easier time dispelling against that caster.

The ward save and magic resistance only stacks on magic. The buff from the EOTG does not stack with the slann's ward save (as it is already better than the 5+ that the EOTG gives). THe best ward save you can have is a 2+ (because a 1 always fails).

Oh, and welcome to the forum. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

3. Libina
    Skink

Libina New Member

Alright I actually thought the WS from EOTG stacked with the slann. Well thanks for the answers and the welcome.