7th Ed. Missile Fire @ Slann w/ TG

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Mac-Dog, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Mac-Dog
    Skink

Mac-Dog New Member

I've been looking through the Warhammer/Lizardmen rules books for some clarification on this apparent misconception and still find myself stuck in the rabbit hole.
    So here goes nothing...
    If your Slann is locked into a unit of TG can he be the target of missle fire? The rule book states: "If a character model has a unit strength of 5 or more, then he can be picked out as a target regardless of the rules just given."
    I also found this statement in the current Lizardmen Army Book: "The Slann-Mage's palanquin allows it to float up to cast its powerful magic before dropping back within the protection of its unit. Because of this, his line of sight is worked out as if the Mage-Priest himself was a large target."
    Large Target....
    Looking forward to hearing your responses...
    Regards,
    Andrew.

2. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

This has been discussed before I believe, but to reiterate I believe we've established that the slann rule states he can draw LoS as a large target, he is not a large target for anything else, just when HE draws LoS

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Not the part about dropping back into the unit for protection. He cannot be picked out unless the unit is below 5 TG left.

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

...which does not matter at all because the Slann is US3.

5. Mac-Dog
    Skink

Mac-Dog New Member

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Remember that the front rank obstructs line of sight to the Slann, so he cannot be targetted with hochland long rifles or things like that.