1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Moving through water

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Imrahil, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hi all,

at the moment I am planning on making some terrain features containing water, for use in Middle Earth SBG-ing.
    This made me wonder if I was able to use them in AoS.

Are models in AoS able to pass through water objects, like rivers and lakes. The only thing I could find was about 'auras' of terrain pieces, but nothing directly on crossing water.
    If not I know I could make a house rule when using them on the battlefield ;)

Let me know if there are rules about this, and do you have house rules regarding this :)

Grrr, Imrahil

MackiMac likes this.
  2. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

I have never seen any rules for water terrain that I can recall.

I have a river terrain that have some vegetation along it and I just play it like normal area terrain.

If your terrain is supposed to have a litte bit deeper water, you could houserule it to slow down units walking through it by a couple of inshes. Or if it is deep enough maybe even make it impassable. As long as you agree with your opponent before the game starts, I se no problem with it.

Killer Angel and Imrahil like this.
  3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Thanks.

Does normal area terrain effect movement in any way?

This is always the best solution and first way to go.

In Middle Earth SBG you are able to swim but have to take a swim test rolling a D6 on a 1 you drown, on 2-5 you move half distance and on a 6 you can move full distance. The roll can be influenced by aspects like heavy armor (-1), riding a horse (+1), etc.

This works for single model units but needs some tweaks for larger units.

Grrr, Imrahil

MackiMac likes this.
  4. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

No, unless you have to climb of course.

Middle Earth sounds like a really fun game. I think that should have some old Easterling models somewhere.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Those Deepkin Elves can evidently swim overland without water :wideyed: so I see no reason :shifty: Stormkniggets couldn’t walk on water or through water without air.

Imrahil likes this.