8th Ed. Moving within 1" of a unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arraine, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

Am I allowed to move within 1" of a unit as a result of charging/pursuing past it?.

Example: enemy has 2 units. I would like to charge the one farther away which means I will have to go within 1" of the other one (I am charging from an angle).

Example 2: I am charging a unit in the flank. The opponent has placed another unit in front. I can wheel around it but it would bring me within 1" of the front unit.

2. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

The way I understand it (I won't deny that I may be mistaken) is that you may move within an inch, but you may not remain within an inch. You can wheel around the enemies unit so long as you are one inch or more away at the end of the charge.

3. Warpvyper
    Jungle Swarm

Warpvyper New Member

Page 13. of the main rule book does in fact clearly state that you may make a charge that would bring you within 1 in" and even end that charge within 1in" of a separate unit so long as they are not touching. Page 18 goes onto to further specify that if you must touch another unit you will have to declare a charge against both. You must have LoS and all the other rules of charging apply.

-Warp

4. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

Thanks a lot.