8th Ed. Multiple character charges out of a unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Tehegar, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Tehegar
    Jungle Swarm

Tehegar New Member

Hi there, I have a little question about the rules regarding a character charging out of a unit..

If this rule allows a character to declare a charge out of a unit, without the unit, it means that other character can do the same at the same turn?

It specifies that the unit is not permitted to declare a charge of its own, but this same rule allows characters to declare charges without the unit... so the unit are not declaring any other charges....

I don't know, I am a bit confused about the interptretation of this rule, and I was also looking for a FAQ that could give me a clue but I am not able to find one...

Thank you for your help! :)

2. Tehegar
    Jungle Swarm

Tehegar New Member

So no one has any thought about it? :depressed:

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

no idea... :shifty:

4. Bronzino88
    Skink

Bronzino88 New Member

I would say only 1 character can charge out of a unit, but not 100% sure.

My reasoning being, as soon as character #1 declares his charge it prevents the rest of the unit from charging. Since character #2 is part of the unit at the time character #1 declares his charge I would say he would have to follow the same rules as the rest of the unit, meaning cant charge. Just how I would play it.

5. Lizardmatt
    Troglodon

Lizardmatt New Member

When the 2nd character charges out of the unit, the unit still hasn't charged.
    I think you can charge all the characters out.

6. Screamer
    Temple Guard

Screamer Member

I agree, unfortunately. I would like to charge my cowboys at multiple targets.

Character #2 and the unit is a "combined unit", and thus follows the same rules as the unit (ie no charging).

According to the "combined unit" rule a character in a unit should also use the units Line of sight,and not his own when deciding if he/she can declare a charge.