8th Ed. multiple combat and steadfast

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by forlustria, Oct 13, 2011.

1. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

If i have a unit of 36 saurus that has been charged by 2 units to the front lets say 20 highelves spearmen and 20 seaguard . The elves win combat, are the saurus steadfast as they have more ranks then the elves highest number of ranks or are they not due to there being more elves in total.

sorry if that doesnt make sense not sure how else to explain.

again are you steadfast if your ranks are more them the enemys highest number of ranks or do you count their total number of ranks. I know in combat res you only count the highest ranks

2. Syltaryn
    Saurus

Syltaryn New Member

I'm pretty sure you only count the largest number of ranks per side, they don't add together or anything like that.

3. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

yeah found it on page 60 of big BRB cant believe i missed that. If you have more ranks then the enemys biggest unit you are steadfast

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

One thing to keep in mind that is that the rule applies on a unit by unit basis. So, in a multiple combat, if a skrox unit with 3 ranks had been involved as well and the lizzies had lost combat, they would be testing on whatever they lost the combat by since they would not have more ranks than the HE while the saurus would be steadfast.