8th Ed. Multiple Slann temple Guard Unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Jvmock526, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jvmock526
    Jungle Swarm

Jvmock526 New Member

As the topic title states I have been wondering if it is possible to place multiple slann in a single temple guard unit. I have looked around in the codex but could not find anywhere that says no. Only that you must place the Slann in the second rank of the temple Guard unit if he joins one. It does not say anything about multiple slann in the same unit. So if i were to make the temple guard six wide allowing 2 slann in the middle next to each other would this be legal. While i understand this might be a stupid question or it might have already been covered i looked around the forums a bit and could not find an answer. So i apologize if i missed something.

The diagram below is basically what i mean.
    T=Temple Guard, 1=Slann 1, 2=Slann 2
    T.T.T.T.T.T
    T.1.1.2.2.T
    T.1.1.2.2.T
    T.T.T.T.T.T

If anyone could shed some light upon my question it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That is an interesting question. Boy, talk about a point sink! When you paint that unit, make sure to paint them with a bullseye on them:). If it is not mentioned, I guess it would be possible. I wouldn't do it, because that would be all the eggs in one basket. It would make more sense to split the TG up or make the second one etheral on his own.

3. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

not to burst your bubble (well yes this is to burst your bubble) but the Sacred Duty rule for the TG states that there can only be ONE slann in a temple guard unit.

Page 47

4. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

Also if you do that and you go up against lore of shadow and they get irasitbale force inititve check, GG......