8th Ed. Multiple Wounds and Casualties

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Qupakoco, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Say I have a unit of 6 Krox with two wounds on it. That means one model is down to 1 wound.

Now let's say this unit is hit with something like Crack's Call, Dwellers, Purple Sun, etc and only one model is taken as a casualty. Would the wounded model be removed, therefore resetting the wound pool OR would I remove an un-wounded model and retain the wound pool on the unit?

I think the first way is the answer, but my opponent thinks the other way is the answer. What do you think?

Again, point me in the right direction if you know the specific entry and I'll go back to cleaning out the Razordon stables for awhile.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I do not know a reference for it, but the spell states models, not wounds. So the Kroxigor with 1 wound would satisfy the spell.

3. GrindingMadness
    Skink

GrindingMadness New Member

I agree, I think you're friend is just trying to push the rules to his advantage

4. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

As Arli says, the spells you listed effect models, not units (at least the BRB spells - I don't know about Crack's Call). So in my opinion, the best way is to roll for each model separately. If the wounded Krox fails the test, it is removed along with its wounds; if the unwounded Krox fails, it is removed and the wounds stay on the other model.

5. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Yeah, that's the reasoning he used too. But in reality you don't keep track of exactly which model is wounded, hence me calling it a wound pool. The unit has 2 wounds on it. And even if a model in the front rank is hit and killed with a template, I'd still remove one from the back unless it's a champion or character. Like if you hit and wound 3 Ogres with the flame template, you don't actually wound all 3. You remove 1 because the unit lost 3 wounds.

I agree with Arli and GrindingMadness. I'm going to dig through the web a little more and see if I can find a reference to a rule for this situation. Yay for grey areas in the rules!

BTW, Crack's Call is an Initiative test or die spell that goes 4d6 in a straight line. Right in line with some of the other Number 6 spells but with a bit of Skaven randomness.