1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS My Custom Battle Plans and Ranking System.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Rekmeister, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

I made a small set of scenarios and a minor league ranking system for me and my friends so our games can be a little more focused. They are designed to be competitive and friendly. Feel free to tear these apart. So far every game has been great fun, close, and the scores have always reflected how well people played. I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MzsKznugIk0t4jCRwicffWj8a9g0gifceV17TlxVCV8/pub

Webb8, Fhanados, Freddy25 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I actually really quite like this. Not forcing a limitation, but still forcing you to keep you summons in check. Easy to get along with rules. This sounds like a pretty good league!

Ixt and Rekmeister like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Very simple and looks really good, the point system your using will keep the scores close so you will always have something to fight for.

Mind if I use your rules?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

Yes of course, that's the whole point. I'm glad you like the look of them. Throw some feedback my way once you've played a game or two.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I mostly like this Reikmaster. Enough that I decided it was worth the effort to proofread it a bit. So my feedback is: it is worth hammering out the grammar and punctuation. So, if I think some changes needed to happen those places look like this, (strike-through). Each instance is followed by what I recommend and suggest it be changed to; that stuff is in this bright orange text.

(Proofed text in next post)

(Mostly it was chasing apostrophes to their correct locations and making shorter sentences out of longer... ...constructions.)

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Competitive Scenario Package

Here’s a simple guide to playing friendly and competitive games with your local group. Theres There are 3 steps:
    1. Scenarios
    2. Victory Score
    3. Top Performances and Player Rating

Step 1 is rather straightforward, before straightforward. Before each game, roll a dice and play the corresponding scenario, each of them are scenario. Each one has been ripped borrowed from other game systems and adjusted for Age of Sigmar. They are designed to be tactical and varied enough to challenge any well thought out army without clearly favouring one playstyle play style or specific army. Each one forces you to think in a different way, enjoy!

Step 2 is a little more complicated, after complicated. After each game, keep track of how many points each player scored. The difference between the losers’ loser's score and the winners winner's score becomes the winner’s Victory Score, the Score. The winner should communicate this to the group and keep track of it. A Victory Score is wiped from the records after two months, so a fluke win in which someone wins 8-0 won’t be a permanent factor.

Step 3 is the final way to keep this league going strong. Each player chooses their 3 highest Victory Scores and divides it by 3, this is your player rating. The individual with the highest Player Rating is the champ, and anyone who eclipses champ. Anyone wishing to eclipse him/her must beat the champ in a match of the champ’s choosing; it can be any of the 6 below, or a self written self-written scenario two other players approve of.

What Makes a League Game?

As long as the two players are happy with the balance between each other’s armies, the match up is a league game. SDK and other scrollbuilders scroll builders are great, but do have their pitfalls and familiarizing yourself with your opponents opponent's warscrolls can be a better way to determine balance.

Clarifications:
    • Ignore all the rules for having 33% less models than the enemy stated in the 4 page rules pack.
    • If someone’s army gets wiped out, the other players gets a turn to move their models, then the game ends.
    • Count how many models were in your starting army, once that many models have been slain the game is over. Models which are added to the army via special rules such as undead banners and chaos lords creating chaos spawn increase your original model count. For example:
      My army is Lord Kroak and 20 saurus warriors, regardless warriors. Regardless of how much i summon, the turn in which 21 models of my models are dead, the game is over.

Summoning:
    • If the two armies have been decided with SDK or another points/rating system, summoning new units is not necessarily the best idea as the two armies were already ‘balanced’.
    • Once the two players are happy with what each other are using, players may take things out of their army and add it to their summoning pool. You may only summon what is in your summon pool.
    • Each army gets one free addition to their summon unit. If one player summons a unit in and the other does not, the disadvantaged player gets a victory point at the end of the game.
    • If one player summons a unit in and the other does not, the disadvantaged player gets a victory point at the end of the game.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  8. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

Thanks Pendrake. In my defence, I hammered the ranking bit out at midnight a few weeks back when my friends asked if we could get a ranking system going. I've updated the file with your corrections.

Also: how do you guys think I should rule submission victories? I've had it happen a few times where people just give up in the first few turns. So far we've ruled that the person tapping out loses any victory points, and the opponent counts how many they have scored, raising their total to 2 if they had anything less. This sound fair to you guys?

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would say the full 2 points fo to the victor. 0 to the submission. Treat it as a surrender and annex situation. Unless you have special scorched earth rules!

10. Rekmeister
    Skink

Rekmeister Member

Yes Bowser, I think I will just rule it like that. Sorry it took so long to reply! Anyone had a chance to try these out for themselves? I hate to toot my own horn but I am really happy with the way these have turned out and how they play.