1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. My First Video Battle Report

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by hdctambien, Jul 24, 2014.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

I made a video battle report of a game I played vs Dwarfs a few weeks ago. It's on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZoy4CYR0t4

I don't want to give away the ending, but I am open for constructive criticism concerning the choices I make during the game.

Also, I used PowerPoint to make the video. When I uploaded it to YouTube, the video quality wasn't so great. Does anyone have any suggestions for Windows software that will let me record narration and timings of a slide show (and save it with a high resolution/bitrate)?

I've got 2 more games to make videos for (Jordan Braun's Flying Dwarf Circus and Chaos Dwarfs ... I just can't get away from the stunties).

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Kool, i'll have to check this out later. :meh:

3. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

I script, shoot, and edit videos for a living so my advice may be for things that are more than you want, but here are some thoughts (have not watched your video as I say this) -

For simply narration of on-screen action, try Camtasia. I've used it with great success to narrate PPts in the past.

I would suggest, though, getting Adobe Premiere Elements. They usually have a bundle that comes with Photoshop Elements for $100. It can handle cellphone video pretty well and has a number of output options that you can control. This is what I use for home video production and it's fine. I do this editing an an Alienware X51 with just 8GB of RAM and a Core i7 3.4GHz processor, and it does the job fine.

If you step up to another level at some point, get full Premiere (as opposed to Elements), a good pro HD camera, and a powerful PC for editing. A better PC will save you tons of render time, which is especially important for when you want to render on the timeline so you can preview before encoding your final version.