8th Ed. Nasty Skulkers

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by themuffinman873, Apr 3, 2014.

1. themuffinman873
    Chameleon Skink

themuffinman873 Member

Quick question. If my O&G opponent puts out a few of these suckers in close combat, do I really have to target them as individuals with no overkill? For instance, if he puts out 2 skulkers side by side that shuts out my hero's access to the unit goblins, must I really blow all my attacks on flaying just one skulker? This seems like a great way to turn an inexpensive tarpit into an even better tarpit as it denies me a lot of CR. (So does steadfast but that can be dealt with).

If I deal say 4 wounds to a skulker, would those wounds not transfer to the next skulker as they do for 2nd rank Kroxigors (after one krox dies, the next one takes the last wound of the 4)?

Perhaps this is fair as the skulker is somewhat of a lame model for the price.

2. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

Skulkers are characters so the extra wounds you cause to one are lost..

You can however distribute attacks from your characters, for example a scar veteran can place two attacks on each of the two skulkers in base contact with him ^_^

3. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

I think Skulkers are fanastic for the price, at least in the right circumstance. Sure, they mostly have goblin stats and will die to a strong breeze, but on that first turn they Always Strike First with 3 Killing Blow attacks each. For 10 points, that can really ruin your Scar Vet's day - don't underestimate them.

4. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

"I got killed by a 10 point goblin today, this really ruined my day."

- Chu'tluk, MI_Tiger's late Saurus Scar Veteran