1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Need help at 2k

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by skinkyone, Sep 12, 2019.

1. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

I am going to a mini home tourney on the 21st and struggling with list building.

So far i am aware i could potentially be playing.

WOC - end times combined list
    Wood elves
    Dark elves
    Beastman - army projects
    Bretonians - army project.

Although the end times combined list is allowed most end times rules arnt in play (so no silly magic)

My collection consists of

+ Lords +
    Saurus Oldblood Carnosaur
    Slann Mage-Priest
    Tehenhauin

+ Heroes +
    Chakax
    Gor-Rok
    Saurus Scar-Veteran Cold One
    Skink Priest
    Skink Priest
    + Core +
    Saurus Warriors x30 Champion, Musician,Standard Bearer

Skink Skirmishers 10x
    Skink Skirmisher: 10x .

+ Special +
    Bastiladon Ark of Sotek
    5x Chameleon Skink
    12x Cold One Rider, Musician, Standard Bearer
    9x Jungle Swarm
    3x Ripperdactyl Rider
    Stegadon
    Temple Guard x20 Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, )

dread Sauran

Any suggestions for a decent 2k build.

I was looking at

Lords +
    Slann Mage-Priest : Lore of Heavens, Wizard Level 4 . Battle Standard Bearer: BRB - Razor Standard . Disciplines of the Old Ones: Focus of Mystery, Harmonic Convergence, Reservoir of Eldritch Energy, Soul of Stone . Magic Items: BRB - Channeling Staff

+ Heroes +
    Gor-Rok [185pts]: AB - The Mace of Ulumak, AB - The Shield of Aeons

+ Core +
    Saurus Warriors Champion, Musician, 30x Saurus Warrior, Standard Bearer
    10x Blowpipe Skink Skirmishers
    10x Blowpipe skink skirmishets

+ Rare +
    Salamander Hunting Pack - 2x salamanders

+ Special +
    3x Jungle Swarm

Stegadon: Sharpened Horns, Unstoppable Stampede

Temple Guard : Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 20x Temple Guard

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++ Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Warden likes this.
  2. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I played 8th, so I'm going from memory here.
    Personally I always preferred High Magic and Lore Master, you can always swap out these spells for others which are better depending on your oppo. Possibly too many things on the slann? I think you have the combo that gives you an extra channel and doing so on 5+ instead of 6+. Keep this it is brilliant.
    I think a scar vet can be built to rival gor-rok for cheaper. Your call though.
    Personally I'd have another unit of skinks and reduce the saurus (despite the fact I love the latter). However I see you are restricted with your collection.
    I'd reduce the number of saurus and increase the TG by proxying the rear rank(s). 20 probably not quite enough IMHO.
    Take extra handlers for the sallies. Well worth it.
    Maybe try to fit in a priest for either Iceshard or the other the Lore of Beasts core spell (I can't remember the name) and as a Dispel Scroll caddy.
    How will you deal with war machines?
    You have chamo skinks and rippers which could be proxied as Terradons to serve that purpose.

Just my thoughts going from a murky memory. Only other advice I would give would be go with what you like, and can forgive if/when it loses.

Warden likes this.
  3. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

After much messing around, im looking at the below, its worth noting a few house rules will be in effect including miscast only being on a double 1.

+ Lords +
    Slann Mage-Priest: Lore of High Magic, Wizard Level 4 . . Categories: Lords . . Battle Standard Bearer: BRB - Razor Standard . . Disciplines of the Old Ones: Focus of Mystery, Harmonic Convergence . . Magic Items: BRB - Channeling Staff, BRB - Seed of Rebirth

+ Heroes +
    Saurus Scar-Veteran: Light Armour, Shield . . Categories: Heroes . . Cold One . . Magic Items: BRB - Dawnstone, BRB - Gold Sigil Sword

Skink Priest: Lore of Beasts, Wizard Level 1 . . Categories: Heroes . . Magic Items: AB - Cube of Darkness

+ Core +
    Saurus Warriors: Champion, Musician, 30x Saurus Warrior, Standard Bearer . .

Categories: Core Skink Skirmishers . . Categories: Core . . 10x Skink Skirmisher: 10x Lustrian Javelins with Shield Skink Skirmishers: Champion . .

Categories: Core . . 10x Skink Skirmisher: 10x Blowpipe

+ Rare +
    Ancient Stegadon: Two Giant Blowpipes . . Categories: Rare . . Ancient Stegadon: Sharpened Horns, Unstoppable Stampede

Salamander Hunting Pack: Salamander Hunting Pack .

Special +
    Chameleon Skinks: 5x Chameleon Skink .

. Categories: Special Temple Guard: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 25x Temple Guard . . Categories: Special Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Warden likes this.
  4. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

So played 2 games yesterday.

Game 1 vs a mixed WOC and deamons list. Went how i expected. I was able to kill any flankers and keep his fateweaver under wraps but as soon as his horde of khorne WOC backed up by a large units of beast of nurgle got into combat my army fell apart.

Iniative is way to important in 8th .

Second game was a victory vs wood elves sadly due to a rule mix up again my low iniative caused major issues and i lost 25 templeguard to wild riders turn 2. Luckily my 30 saurus cleaned up and a few good magic phases gave me the game.

Warden likes this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Well done! Glad you were able to stick it to the Wood Elves!