1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Negative and auto pass Armor saves

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xlanax_lot, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I was playing a game and this came out...

There is no longuer the rule for "1s are always a failled armor save" or the rule that says that the max armor save you can have is 1...

So, does that mean that you can have an a temple guard unit with a 1+ save (a hero close to them, within terrain, with mistic shield spell) that would autosave all its wounds unless the attacking unit makes mortal wounds or have a rend of 2 or better?

If anyone knows the answer to this it would be great.

On another note. Can you stack mistic shields?

Thanks guys

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Sounds like another one for the FAQ...

Xlanax_lot likes this.
  3. Gazbal
    Skink

Gazbal New Member

Actually you are right, no such rule exists anymore, although you still cannot reroll a reroll.

I don't think it matters that much as most things have a 4+ or 3+ at absolute most.
    Rend can help to get through it or mortal wounds.

Plus if you run into this kind of situation it can only be created by synergy of several units or heroes etc. Just kill one element and it falls apart.

Xlanax_lot likes this.
  4. Kultak
    Skink

Kultak Member

Provided you have multiple Slanns on the table, I don’t see why mystic shield would not stack. Piggybacking of your line of logic, the rules does not state you can’t. Same as with the 1+ save. Until that slann dies, you can’t fail your save. (A lot of people might not like you though.)

Xlanax_lot and n810 like this.
  5. Geko747
    Skink

Geko747 New Member

I have found this is quite easily done to get a 1+ save, using my Temple Guard. But me and my opponent decided that we would have a 1 as always fail but my 1+ still stood so enemy would need a -2 to get my save to 3+. Similar to 8th.

Also mystic shield should be able to stack, just imagine you are strengthening the shield further by adding more power to it. Most of the time though it would be better used buffing 2 units rather than 1.

Xlanax_lot likes this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Back in 6th edition you could build a -2 armor save old blood. :eek:
    (need at least ST 7 to wound)

Xlanax_lot and Caprasauridae like this.
  7. Korloq Huan
    Skink

Korloq Huan Member

You can go to a 1+ on any of the rolls. With the carnosaur if you hit a monster with both the forelimbs, the jaws get plus 2 to hit. This makes the to hit roll go from 3+ to 1+, essentially granting auto hits. In the same sense armour could be increased to a 1+ or reduced beyond a 6+.

In terms of the mystic shields, as long as you have enough wizards to cast multiple shields, then you should be able to stack.

Try taking all of AoS rules, as rules as written. So that means unless it states yes or no to something, then there is no restriction on it. By that logic you should refs be able to stack anything as long as the rule doest say no to stacking. I hope that made sense :/

Hope this helps :)

Xlanax_lot likes this.