8th Ed. Net of Amyntok and other hexes

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Oldblood89, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Oldblood89
    Skink

Oldblood89 New Member

Hey guys, I was wondering when using the net or fire cage does the caster take the strength test or does it just go based off the highest strength in the unit? I have seen some battle reports where the caster alone takes the strength test and the D6 hits.

Also I recently played a game where I put the hex enfeebling foe on my friend's ghoul unit that had his supped up ghoul king and he just moved his character out of the unit and said the hex only stays on the unit and not his ghoul king. Can anyone clarify this stuff?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I believe that the spells test on the highest str in the unit. However, if the ghoul was leaving the unit and the unit did not move, I am not sure how that would work. The way that the spells are written leads me to believe that the unit would take that damage, not the character leaving it.

3. Switchblade
    Saurus

Switchblade New Member

The Character is the one moving, he takes the strength test, and he takes the damage if he fails it.

4. Oldblood89
    Skink

Oldblood89 New Member

What about if he had the strength debuff? Does he keep it on him also even if he moves out from the unit?

5. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

use the highest characteristic in the unit (BRB page 10)

and the FAQ:
    the hex stays on the unit (the character isnt affected if he leaves, though he will have to take a test to move out since he is actually a part of the unit when he starts his move). The FAQ handles the opposite case (a spell targeting the wizard who then leaves, but the same principle applies here.