TOW New FAQ

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Discussion' started by discomute, Jul 19, 2024.

1. discomute
    Troglodon

discomute Well-Known Member

Terror works like 8th

Vortexes and Mm can happen in same shooting phase

Impact hits only work on units that you actually charged. No word on initiative bonuses or strength from lances/cav spear but I think it's likely you don't at least get the lance bonus if someone charged you.

No updates to our army book unfortunately...

Edit skirmish changes is a massive one too! Better make sure you've got a bit of room when charging

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Is this the 18/07 Version 1.2 FAQ? If so then from what I can see Terror still seems to be as per the rulebook - like 8th but with a -1 penalty to Leadership for any unit that loses combat against the Terror-causing unit.

3. discomute
    Troglodon

Lol I could not have been more unclear could I?

"Units with fear fear units with terror" means they do not suffer terror, they instead suffer fear.

Previously it was thought units with fear both feared and was terrorised by units with terror

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Yep that's definitely the case in both 8th and TOW - here's the original mention of it in the TOW rulebook: upload_2024-7-29_18-30-37.png

5. discomute
    Troglodon

A lot of people played it "the 8th way" out of habit. But most of the community (including all YT battle reports I've seen and the official Australia tournament rules) thought this was a new rule designed to further increase the power of monsters. If you read what you've posted literally, it never actually says models with fear do *not* suffer from terror. Only that they still fear models with terror.

Funnily enough I was the lone voice in the Australian chat sure they meant it as the 8th version and it was bad writing. But I had to concede to a literal reading of RAW. And now 1.2 of the FAQ is out, I'm gloating...