8th Ed. New FAQs out

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Stonecutter, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Latest updated FAQs are out for all armies except high elves & wood elves. Major changes of note after a quick scan that I can see are:

1) a 1 now fails to wound, no matter what the mods.
    2) overruns are now permitted when units explode due to instability, cornered rats, war machines, etc.
    3) mounted characters that become another unit type (i.e. monstrous cav) are no longer subject to KB. This primarily affects characters riding peggies/dark peggies but the FAQ has also included mounts that can be shot out from underneath the rider like chariots & monsters.
    4) more confusion added to "unmodified leadership" as spirit leech from lore of death now permits general's inspiring presence to be used. However, the FAQ specifically mentions spells so the BoR appears to be unaffected.
    5) a couple of direct damage template spells (burning head and an O&G one) can now be cast into combat.
    6)Warriors - Daemon Princes & Hellcannons are now classed as daemons (at least for the purposes of the lore of light attribute). Also, mark of khorne does NOT affect the mount, only the rider..
    7) Daemons - clarification that the randomness of potential damage from the winds of magic rolls affect all enemy units, not just those with a specific mark.

All FAQs are available at the following URL:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...ndex=2&aId=3000006&multiPageMode=true&start=3

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The FAQ says Tet has IF on any doubles but only has a miscast on double 6. Is that new, or was that always around?

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

It's been that way. However, I do not know if it was in print before.

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

AFAIK it was not FAQ before but it is the same interpretation as has been used for Teclis and the Book of Hoeth.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I was excited to see a Storm of Magic entry and disappointed at how sparse it was. There was a LOT of stuff added to Storm of Magic from other sources in bits and pieces. I was hoping for something consolidated for all the little add-ons.

6. jg0124
    Saurus

jg0124 New Member

Roll of 1 always failed before.

7. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

The prior FAQ had a response indicating that the flaming sword of ruin (augment giving +1 to wound) could result in a wound still occurring if the die roll was 1. Apart from this, I agree there is no change.

8. Myster2
    Saurus

Myster2 New Member

There is also a piece about the blade of realities hitting a target with no leadership = Instant kill. I believe this is new?

What else has no leadership?
    Screaming bell is what is listed.
    What about a dwarf anvil?

9. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

And Inspiring Presence affects Mindrazor as well.

10. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Just a minor note from the daemon FAQ regarding instability checks. The LD value cannot go below 0 so the most models/wounds a unit could lose would be 11 (they completely pop due to a special rule on a 12) even if they lost combat by a ton (i.e. 10+). This will definitely make daemons more durable although I must confess I have seldom managed to win combat against daemons by enough that it was an issue.