1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW LIZARDMEN PLAYER

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Oliver Dransfield, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Oliver Dransfield
    Jungle Swarm

Oliver Dransfield New Member

Hey guys.

I'm new to this and need some advice; I have about £190 to spend on an army and i have some ideas.

Batallion- £65
    Carnosaur- £50
    Skinks- £20
    Preist- ?

What else, if anything, should I buy?

2. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

You really should get a slann, even if youd prefer a carnosaur as a leader, Slann are the de-facto leaders in the fluff, and the army is designed to revolve around them

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Or unleash the almighty Lord Kroak!

4. snikrit
    Skink

snikrit New Member

Personally I think you can do no wrong with a stegadon, those things are just giant scaly bringers of fun... and pain... and impact hits (or general stompyness in AoS). Plus summoning them could be fun in AoS.

I do need to second... third? the Slann recommendation though, it just wouldn't be lizardmen without the great mage toads.

5. Raptor_00
    Skink

Raptor_00 Member

Ripperdactyls. 3-6 for pure awesome killyness.

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

If you havn't already have a look at the warscrolls for AOS and see who takes your fancy, but you want a Slann, Temple guard and some flyers, more monsters the better!

7. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Now I started Seraphon a while ago. I got a battalion (this was back when they were called lizardmen) and I found that from a long range point of view, skinks are *sniff* terrible. So I gave them blowpipes so that when they did hit it was poisoned. Now aos has changed it so Spears are better *breaks down sobbing* so if you gets skinks ( and skinks are a must for a Seraphon army) give them Spears.

Also get at least 2 boxes of guard and kroxigor and a character of your choice. I would recommend a scar-veteran or starseer.
    Scar-veteran basically gives them back Predatory Fighters and starseer gives them a fun little minigame that can strengthen your force or strenghthen your opponents.

Also starseer is a wizard, which always helps.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Gorgerak
    Cold One

Gorgerak Active Member

For me Best units to include are Temple Guard and Bastiladon - both are crazy hard especially when supported by a Slann that can give them re-roll 1's to hit.

The Eternal Starhost formation, backed up by a slann and bastiladon is just one great pile of scaly win.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Now that raises a question - do battalion rules count if you have surplus models to the battalion? Dont answer here, its just me musing. Ill start a discussion on Rules if anyone is interested...

10. Jamie Searle
    Saurus

Jamie Searle Member

If you do open a discussion on it I'll bring up Seraphon Battletome page 134 which I think covers it.

Attached Files:

Gorgerak likes this.
  11. Gorgerak
    Cold One

Gorgerak Active Member

sounds pretty comprehensive to me :)