1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player 2k help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Kingblackheart, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Kingblackheart
    Jungle Swarm

Kingblackheart New Member

I’m just getting into the game and wanted to ask for some tips on an army build

I currently only own a saurus start collecting and trying to figure out where I want to end up

Current list

coalesced
    K claw

leaders
    lord kroak
    astrolith bearer
    Old blood on a carne (general)
    Scar vet on a cold one
    Skink starpriest

Battleline
    1 x20 saurus warrior
    3 x5 saurus knights

other
    3 salamander hunting packs

Bound spells
    Geminids
    Bale wind vortex

battalions
    Firelance temple host

Questions
    I wanted to fit sunclaw but having 3 x10 warriors really worth it?
    Bale wind has a limit on who can cast it, is lord kroak too thicc?

Is starting at 2k even a good idea? Is it the most common format?

Any advice on how this army would be appreciated.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria

This looks like a pretty solid Saurus list. If you want to run dual battalions with Sunclaw and Firelance then I recommend changing the Carnosaur to a foot Oldblood to free up the points. I think Sunclaw is really only worth taking for battalion benefit for Starborne armies. Gaining +1 rend on spears/clubs is sooooo much better than +1 rend on bites. The Temple Host Sunclaw is great if you are wanting to run MaxSU of Coasleced Warriors and are looking for an extra Artefact and CP as you will pretty much always want everything in the battalion already. Seeing as you already have the one battalion I wouldn't bother fitting Sunclaw unless you really need a 3rd artefact. You would only reduce your drops by 1 from the current iteration of your list. And it would cost a fair amount of CCP and a Carnosaur to do it.

Kroak can be place on the BwV, his wound count is below 9.

2k is deffinetly the most common point lvl for the majority of tournaments and events. However, you should plan to build list for whatever the local environment is playing. If everyone is playing 1k, 1.5k, or 2k then that should be what you aim to build.

As far as how any potential play group will feel about the list, it is hard to say. How you play often matters more than what you play. Be polite. Be open with your play. This doesn't mean telling your opponent your plan of action, but try to avoid gotcha moments. Let your playparter know any rules your army has that might catch them off guard. Make sure your opponent has the opportunity to watch all your dice rolls ect. This will go further then how brutal or friendly a given list. Basically, be a gracious loser and kindhearted victor.

3. Kingblackheart
    Jungle Swarm

Kingblackheart New Member

Hey thank you for the detailed response. I’ll be sure to do that.

LizardWizard likes this.