Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.
Where did you see this?
- Precise Divination: Start of hero phase make a 3D6 roll. For every 4+ you receive 1 CP.
- Azyrite Force Barrier: The Attack attribute of the Azyrite Force Barrier is equal to the number of enemy models within 3"
- Dead since time immorial: roll a die each time you assign a wound or mortal wound to this miniature; on a 4+, deny that wound or mortal wound
- Lords of order: +1 to cast, unbind and disperse. Moreover, no range restrictions for making unbind rolls.
- Arcane Vassal: When this miniature tries to cast a spell, before making the roll, you can choose 1 SKINK PRIEST within 12 inches of this mini or 1 ORACLE in any point of the battlefield. If you do, and the spell is succesfully casted, you meassure from the priest or oracle.
Can attempt to cast 4 spells and unbid 4 too. Knows Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield, Summon comet and Celestial retribution.
- Summon comet: Casting value 7. Success: 1D3 anemy units at any point on the battlefield suffer 1D3 mortal wounds (roll separately). If casting value is 10+ you choose 1D6 instead of 1D3.
- Celestial Retribution: Can be cast 3 times in the same hero phase. Casting value 7 the first time, 8 the second, 9 the third time. Each time successfully cast choose up to 3 different enemy units within 10" and visible to the caster, roll 1 die for each chosen unit, on a 2+ in suffers 1d3 mortal wounds. if it is a Chaos Deamons unit it suffers 3 mortal wounds instead
Gift of Heavens:
Use it in the hero phase. Choose 1 friendly SERAPHON unit completely within 18 inches of a mini with this command ability. Until your next hero phase, that unit can fly and you can add 1 to save roll against ranged attacks that target that unit. 1 use per hero phase.
Uff. The summoning got nerfed HARD!
1D3 points for Slann or Starseer on the battlefield
1D3 points for Astrolith
1D3 points for giving away the very 1st spell of each Starmasters and Oracle's... That's definitely very little!
Also kroaks special spell goes off on a 7, 8 and 9. And he has +1 to cast
The astrolith doesnt give reroll hits, gives mw on 6s now.
Where do you see that
Attacks that deal 1 MW on a nat 6 to hit.
And that wound on a 6+.
imho the changes seem good, most of the "issues" seem to be that it wildly changes existing lists, not necesarly that anything is truly weak.
Also, the move towards reliable is nice.
I have a spanish girlfriend, works well as well. Only downside is that she slowly gets annoyed at having to translate all of it
People are being overdramatic mostly
No it's a 6+ wardsave bubble for wounds and mortal wounds. Which imho, is quite good.
Also what I find confusing is that the troglodon, Slann & Kroak all seem to have comets call. How is this going to work? Are they going to be exempt from the rule of one? The hell is a slann supposed to cast if you're also bringing a troglodon? Having the same spell on multiple warscrolls is weird.
Bastilidon has only gotten better if your keeping Solar. Sotek is now reliable.
Skink heros with a 6+ save is on a fast moving and fragile mount, and probably should be used like that?
Guards are essentially more meat. They got what we wanted to make them better against mw.
Razordon unit is better at soaking damage and better at staying in the game. 240 is equal to the Stegadon, with more wounds, bigger footprint, faster, and probably a better round of shooting/melee.
Astrolith is a true nerf. Should have expected it unfortunately.
Old Blood still has a 4+ with no redn protection, but has been buffed and adjusted. Looks fine to me. Still to be decided if it's worth the 250.
Haven't looked at the Knight Warscroll yet.
It has some hilarious potential whenever you do get lucky.
plus with 18! attacks it's actually going to be fairly reliable.
imho as a replacement of the old ark it's a massive improvement.
The comet call spell doesn't say you can cast it multiple times per turn does it? This means that taking any slann and a trog together is pretty much a waste.
Is he still a lvl 4 wizard? If so then he might be the go to over the Reg Starmaster now. Now that constelation are off the warscroll and just an allegiance ability.
Oldblood looks to be generally unchanged. I don't like less attacks but more damage, tbh, because random saves will negate a lot of damage. Spear is better and now he gets +1 to-hit with jaws. Command ability is the same as foot Oldblood and exploding to-hit attacks is nice. He looks like old scar-vet, but a bit better. I hope that Scarvet is actually getting 3+ because of shield.
Well, it means BwV and Cogs aren't mandatory anymore.... So that free up more points to place natively in the list or to take bound endless spells.
I am currently liking him more than the Starmaster. It will depend on point breakdowns across the army and how list building shapes up.
Have wee seen a Summoning chart yet?
Dont jump to conclusions on just seeing the warscrolls... Warscrolls only tell half the story. Allegiance abilities, battalions, and Constellations are the other half.