AoS New to aos 1000k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by steamius, Nov 28, 2023.

1. steamius
    Jungle Swarm

steamius New Member

Getting ready to buy my 1st 1500k army for aos.

Not looking for it to be competitive or anything like that, just to stand its ground and have a theme to it.
    Here is the list I came up with.
    I need help with what upgrades to give them, should I go with normal Kroxigors or warspawned and are Ripperdactyl riders any good?
    I waned to go with full cav list with only exception being kroxigors and maybe mages.

LEADERS
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur - General
    Skink Starpriest

UNITS
    6 x Kroxigor
    6 x Aggradon Lancers
    3 x Aggradon Lancers
    3 x Terradon Riders - Starstrike Javelins
    3 x Terradon Riders - Starstrike Javelins

1500p exactly

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  2. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Hey there welcome to the jungle!
    I think the answer is, to go with what you like. Seraphon as a whole can handle themselves fairly well.
    What I would consider for this list is maybe adding a Scar-vet on Aggradon for one of the Krox and maybe switch out the Starpriest for one of the Skink chiefs on whichever flying dino you choose. Mostly to keep the theme.

Ripperdactyl riders are really nice and I think are generally preferred to Terradons. Being able to eat a "Unleash hell" command is a really nice touch, and having a Chief will broaden how effective they can be. With the newish update to cohesion, you can get 6 Ripperdactyl riders fighting at once(rather than only the front rank), they can do some nice damage.

Well this is my thoughts as a total novice :D In the end it's up to you. Magic is always nice to have around but don't let that anchor you if you want to create something that is interesting for you to play ;)

I'm assuming this is a Coalesed, Koatl's claw list btw. Over half your army would benefit from that sub faction.

steamius and Doons like this.
  3. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Looks good to me. i like the terradons to (best movement)snatch objectives. Personally i would drop 3x lancer for a unit of warriors. In my opinion a unit of warriors anchored on an objective is more value than either krox or lancers. you can xtra move krox and warriors with carnasaur lancers could have run and charge cast on them. so thats 10" warriors, krox,(it'll depend on board and aggradon position if you should take carny deep) carnasaur, and 9"-14" lancers plus a charge,auto run skink every thing can support each other.

jinjerJosh22 and steamius like this.
  4. steamius
    Jungle Swarm

steamius New Member

Thank you :D I was told that starpreest give you a ward save and thus included him, but I do like the chief on a ripperdactyl! And I already changed the terradons for ripperdactils as I think they will benefit my list more :D

Thank you :) But I have 0 interest playing warriors, want to go full cav and to me it doesent matter how good warriors are =D

Doons and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  5. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

Trying to think but I don't think he does :confused: An Astolith bearer creates a bubble that gives you a Ward save. While they are not a Wizard themselves they do give a boost to other Seraphon Wizards. Though he doesn't have a mount.
    It's a shame we don't currently have any flying Skink Wizards.

Thinking we do actually have a mounted wizard in a Skink Oracle on Troglodon though it's a big chunk of points.

6. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Possibly thinking of the starseer ability to give ward "scry the stars". I like the Starpriest just fine, though some dump on it. Serpent staff synergizes pretty good with aggradons or ripper attack profiles.

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  7. steamius
    Jungle Swarm

steamius New Member

Thank you ) I will five the seer a try and see what he does) Any more advice? Something on upgrades maybe?

8. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

You're going to have to play around a bit with the list as it exceeds the 1500 point mark by 20, this is with the default Kroxigors. Starseer is 150 points compared to the Starpriest which is 130.

I just want to again preface this with I'm fairly inexperienced in actual play and I typically don't look in-depth into the actually calculations, Hit probability/expected damage etc... and with that here is my thoughts on things ;)

For the Aggradons personally I prefer the spears but it makes a lot of sense to go with the clubs. It's fairly easy to get them hitting and wounding on 2+(All out attack +1 to hit, Koatls Claw ability +1 to wound when you charge).
    The -1 rend is fairly standard but there's definitely an argument to be had for the spears -2 rend but hitting on 3+ with all out attack. Most of the damage will be coming from the Aggradons regardless.

As for the Kroxigors if you know you will be facing a horde type army then the regular would be better, if not the warspawned is likely the way to go. There's some synergy to be had for both options along with any of your Skink units i.e. your Fliers.

if you want the Warspawned and the Starseer I would likely drop one unit of the fliers and then look into taking an endless spell. There is a good selection that will benefit the army. Geminids of Uhl Gysh is one that I like the look of. Shutting off Commands can be devastating, this also frees up your monstrous rampage to use in another way. I should point out the Starseer is a 2 cast wizard.

The list would be
    Leaders
    Oldblood on Carno(general)
    Skink Starseer

Battleline
    Aggradon Lancers x6
    Aggradon Lancers x3
    Kroxigors Warspawned x6

Endless spells
    Geminids of Uhl-Gysh

other
    Ripperdactyl/terradon ridders x3