1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to AoS, Lustria and Lizards :)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by MomoTheKiller, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

Hello everyone :)

First of all I would like to apologize for my English, It's a bit "rusty".

I'm new player in AoS, new Lustria user and a big fan of Lizardman.
    I saw related topic, posted by @Voff but I have some other questions. I made some crazy shopping and got some new Seraphon stuff:
    - Get startet Box
    - Book Skink priest and skinks bundle
    - Slann
    - Sunblood
    - BSB
    - Eternity Warden

The main question is - how to setup army with these? As I understand "starter box" is good, cheap and with some conversion (I will make Troglodon in swamps) I will have nice army. But how much Skinks or Saurus I need?
    Do we use (in AoS) packs of 40-60 or even 80 of units?

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard,

you can use any number of models that is the beauty of AOS, do you have the rules? if not you can get them here

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

In AOS you try to make up battalions to make the most of your army for instance your sunblood boosts the saurus warriors, your Eternity warden boosts your saurus guard which you have not got but they should be your next purchase.

Do you have the Seraphon book? it contains the battalion listings but I think they are posted on here somewhere.

Keep your slann protected with your eternity warden and use your Troglodon/Carny as a monster hunter.
    Avoid your skinks getting into melee use hit and run tactics with them.

Try different stuff that is the best way to learn and don't be too competitive at the start as you will lose games.

Have fun and have a look through this section when you have time,

http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/age-of-sigmar-seraphon-tactics/

Again welcome :)

3. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

I have rules - need to pick them from post office
    Seraphon book as well, I saw few premade armies, wanted to try something custom.

I have some other questions:
    - can I use 2 Slanns?
    - how this summon works? I understand that I do it instead of regular magic but how it works? They have sth like summoning sickness?
    - if I want to put some bigger monsters like Basti or Stegadon - which one is better?
    - can we use this model http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Dread-Saurian?

Thanks you @Crowsfoot for fast reply :)

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

You would not usually use 2 slann

use a Slann and a Skink priest to act as a vassal for your Slann, your Slann channels his spells through the skink so giving you more range.

Summoning allows you to bring in units that do not start on the gaming table, check with your opponent what they allow.

Basi or Steg depends on the role but Basi is our best monster, the searing beam is deadly, Stegi or Engine of the gods have different roles but both are good.

Yes you can use the Dread Saurian.

Play a small game with say 2 units and get familiar with the rules and slowly increase your units, what I do is I play against myself, I will set up units and see what they can and can't do, it just helps me learn there rules.

5. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

What does it mean:
    Summoning allows you to bring in units that do not start on the gaming table, check with your opponent what they allow.
    Do I have to make any agreement before battle? I thought that summoning is normal ability, tbh for me is same as making agreement on "flying" ability.

Im very much into summoning. Tbh I have problem to understand it ;) but I will read rules tonight after work, so it will bring me some light on this topic.

Regarding Dread Saurian, is there any War-scroll for it?

I'm going to have first fight (on proxies, cos my Seraphons are in my friends hands - they will paint them for me) this weekend. I will share my thoughts on monday :)

6. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

Sorry for double post but I made some update on my army, yesterday I manage to buy 2 Bastiladons, It was a good bargain about 75 Euros for 2 and Prophet of Sotek for 4 Euros but without this epic base :/ anyone have spare one or is able to make copy for me?

I was thinking of conversion, I will have some snakes from Bastiladon box, the problem is with Skaven body, heh any ideas?

I'm after my first battle and I must say, Seraphons are kind of bulky and tanky ones, I played against ogres, I was spamming a lot of skinks and cameleon skinks, carnosaur just run through scrap launcher and hunter on this big mamooth, had problem with maneaters but we can say it was draw. Table wasn't good, small cover and I lost a lot of units in shooting phase. I hope next weekend I will have more luck, and my tactics will be more organized - it was to chaotic I must say.

Crowsfoot likes this.