1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MKnightium, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MKnightium
    Jungle Swarm

MKnightium New Member

I think I saw this forum a year or so ago, but forgot to set things up here. With a change in things, I guess now's a good time to do so.

As said in my bio, I'm not adept with Warhammer's diverse and lengthy lore; I know a fair deal about Lizardman/Seraphon lore but little about the others, though considering where we are, I suppose that'll be fine.

I've never been able to play the tabletop game, mostly 'cause it tends to be very expensive and I don't really have anyone to play with. The most I've played is Total War 2 Warhammer, which I only picked up sorely for the Lizardmen, because why not?

I do want to get into writing Warhammer content, namely Lizardmen based stuff, and I'm even hoping, one day, I could see some stories from this site end up as official novels and novellas for the Black Library. There's obviously an audience for Lizardmen content, and Creative Assembly already made it clear it's not hard to tweak the Lizardmen to make a story feasible. Stranger things have happened, after all.

I hope my time here'll be enjoyable, and I hope to make things enjoyable for people here as well with the things I know and vise versa.

Thanks for reading!

2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard :D

If you like reading a lot there's this amazing repository of fluff/stories named Lustriapedia.

This site also hosts a short story contest every two months. The current contest is ending on August 2nd. There'll probably be another one in the middle of September since the organizer of the contests, Scalenex, likes to shorten the downtime of the contests as a habit sometimes.

And let us know if you have any specific questions about game play, painting, fluff or anything else. .

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  3. MKnightium
    Jungle Swarm

MKnightium New Member

Hmm, what happens for those who win the contest? Or, rather, get selected? I had something brewing but I could never find the drive to write it.

4. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

If a fourmite wins, they get to choose the theme for the next contest. If there's a winning tie between two or more writers, they share the responsibility of choosing the next theme.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. MKnightium
    Jungle Swarm

MKnightium New Member

Ah, well that's pretty neat. I'll hit the drawing board and read over some stuff here to figure out how to better my Lizardmen content.

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Grrr, Imrahil

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

8. MKnightium
    Jungle Swarm

MKnightium New Member

I appreciate the warm welcome. I'm still browsing about, getting myself together and using the information many have spoken about here to get a better understanding on how to write Lizardmen just right.

Imrahil likes this.
  9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

There is a section for fluff as @Paradoxical Pacifism says and you should check it out! And definitely look out for the next story contest as anyone’s can participate! We’re always looking for budding writers we can help along with a nice atmosphere and constructive feedback on the stories.

Enjoy!

Imrahil and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!
    Welcome to Lustria

Scalenex and Imrahil like this.
  11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

[​IMG]

I support the entire forum, but the fluff forum is my favorite part of Lustria-Online and we would be happy to read your artistic creations and give you constructive criticism. There are hundreds of stories for you to turn to for inspiration there from other writers as well as "non-fiction) style articles and discussions about the ins and outs of Lizardmen culture.

12. MKnightium
    Jungle Swarm

MKnightium New Member

I'm appreciating the support so far here. I've used the time to re-develop that story I was working on. Might upload it somewhere, then link it to the fluff section so people from here can go enjoy it.

13. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Or get it plotted in your head and ready for the next short story contest!

(Scalenex will accept a story as long as not already fully written)

Imrahil likes this.
  14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

15. Krai’kotak
    Skink

Krai’kotak Member

¡¡¡greetings brother!!!, welcome to lustria I kinda feel indentified with you im also a total war warhammer 2 player(all my campaings are lizardmen because in that game is only two factions lizard and lizard food)and i am a writer too ,feel yourself free to do what you want¿you want to become a fierce saurus warriors or cunnng skink tammer or skirmisher and collect victories for the great plann in competitive matches? ¡¡¡you can do it!!! ¿you want to support the temple cities as a skink or kroxigor teaching and researcing about the lore?perfect and in your case you want to join the wise skink priests and scribes as writer of stories and lore well go ahead all your cold blooded brothers are here to give support and help when you need it i will love to read your first stories (you can talk to me if you want help or advise or maby just a chat)welcome to lustria and the great plan fellow brother

Scalenex and Imrahil like this.