1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Newbie starting Seraphon army (1k FoS)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Galactic_Goose, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Galactic_Goose
    Jungle Swarm

Galactic_Goose New Member

Hey guys,

I am kinda new at the hobby and wargaming, this is my first Seraphon list. Decided to go on skink part of battletome.

++ **Pitched Battle** 1,000 (Order - Seraphon) [990pts] ++

+ Leader +

Lord Kroak [320pts]: 5. Stellar Tempest

Saurus Astrolith Bearer [140pts]

Skink Priest [70pts]

Skink Starpriest [120pts]: 1. Master of Star Rituals, 2. Hand of Glory, General, Serpent God Dagger

+ Battleline +

Skinks [240pts]: 4x 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha
    . Boltspitter, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler

Skinks [60pts]: 10 Skinks, Skink Alpha
    . Meteoric Javalin, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
    . Allegiance: Seraphon
    . . Starborne: Fangs of Sotek, Show Celestial Conjuration Table

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Balewind Vortex [40pts]

++ Total: [990pts] ++

Need some review on this. Our local players are very strong and meta is kinda shooty (lots of KO, CoS and SE), so I thought it might be better to get rid of balewind vortex + 10 skinks to bring in 5 guards to protect Kroak. Does that list have enough models and/or damage to be viable? Since I don't own all the models yet (apart from skinks), I am widely open to shuffle things around.

Another question I have is which hero to make a general. Seems like starpriest is the way to go, but astrolith bearer might be a better wearer for the FoS artefact.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

damage wise your good you have a 40 block and kroak so you should be killing most things. run as sotek and you should do well if you play well. over all i dislike building for 1000 points we don't really start fielding an army untill1500 but summoning should help with OB and you have the tools to win just look out for the factions that can snipe kroak not much can threaten him at 1000 but still be carful

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Galactic_Goose
    Jungle Swarm

Galactic_Goose New Member

Thanks for the reply and useful advice!

One more thing - what should I do and watch out for when playing against Kharadron Overlords?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

Look out for a full boat dropping out of the sky and sniping important Heroes. This can be countered buy screening well remember that they have a maximum range and they have to drop outside of 9 if any enemy units and make sure that they can't drop within range of what you don't want dead