1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Next up bonereapers

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Avatar of Mork, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Avatar of Mork
    Skink

Tomorrow I will face the ossiarch bonereapers for my last game before the knock out stadge in our quarantine tournament. To secure my place in the semi finals I need a minor loss or more but winning is always fun.

Battleplan: blood and glory

His list:
    Nagash, arkhan, leage kavalos, 20 mortek, 10x2 mortek, bonetithe endless.

My list as always:
    Kroak, starseer, star priestx2, skink priest, terradon chief, 40x2 skinks, 10 skinks , 3 salamanders, 9 terradons, balewind, bound geminidis.

Thoughts: My list were made with bonereaper meta in mind. The terradons should have fun and my shooting should drop a few morteks. I think I will try to take out the 20 block first and then maybe arkhan. I will ignore Nagash if he doesnt commit with him. Thoughts, tricks or advice?

Nart, Grotpunter and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Seems like a sound plan. Try your best to prevent his Protection of Nagash spell from going off. Especially if you're wanting to drop Terrdons bombs on that target.

Grotpunter and Avatar of Mork like this.
  3. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Seems like a pretty good matchup for you. Very few bodies and Salamanders will eat those Mortek Guard up. I think I would ignore Nagash entirely and focus on removing the Mortek Guard. Without them he wont be scoring points.

In an ideal world I would buff each of the 40 Skinks units and send them after 10 Mortek each. The Salamanders + spells against the 20. Would be tempted to charge into combat to clear the remaining too - rend 2 is pretty big. I would probably hunt Arkhan with the Terradons.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

ya just dop his bodies as fast as you can and hold all the objective points

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Avatar of Mork
    Skink

Yes, that one spell is annoying and another reason not too hunt him first.

That could work. I just MUST kill the targets I choose to negate the healing abilities. Depending on his deployment that could mean ignoring one of the 10s early on. If I could reach Arkhan with the terradons thats a good target.

LizardWizard and Grotpunter like this.
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with anything said above. OBR are my common enemies. And they become pretty easy to deal with after new BT, because we can capitalize on their weakness. General rule is always to kill anything, but Nagash. Go for Arkhan and mortek first. Nagash still can be very dangerous, but it is just a single unit.

Beware of Arcane bolt machine gun, though. It can easily snipe minor heroes.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  7. Avatar of Mork
    Skink

Yes, I have to hide some between terrain or se them die like flies.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Isnt it just keeping them outside of 18" of Nagash/Arkhan? Should be pretty easy, especially if you dont hit either if they have Protection of Nagash up.

Avatar of Mork and LizardWizard like this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Keep in mind that you don't want to kill mortek unless you know you will fully remove the unit or have alreadykilled Nagash and Arkhan. He will be bringing 6 Mortek back to "life?" in each of his hero phases.

10. Avatar of Mork
    Skink

Arkhan can increase spell range and he will likely give me first turn trying for a double.

Also the game will be streamed but I think it will be commentated in Swedish and the camera wont be the best.

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. Avatar of Mork
    Skink

Newflash: The stream will be in English and begins 17:30 GMT. I will post the link to twitch in this thread.

Nart, LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. Diabo
    Jungle Swarm

Diabo New Member

I think an issue you will face generally, but not so much with OBR, is your lack of screens. I think dropping one of the big blocks of 40 into 4 MSU units should help you. Good luck for your remaining games!

Avatar of Mork and LizardWizard like this.
  13. Avatar of Mork
    Skink