1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age no wizards and question!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by pendrell, Nov 25, 2016.

1. pendrell
    Skink

pendrell Member

HI all, I had a few games with 9th age and the new magic system. Overall I like it a lot, good job! less random and more focused on combat support.
    I came to the conclusion that the Cuatl Lord costs too many points in this new magic system and it s not worth it anymore. An important point is that there are too few magic paths to choose from. Despite my love for that frog I am OK that this gives me an excuse for not taking a TG bunker which I never been a fan of. The priest on the palaquin is cheaper and can be bunkered in the core warriors, which is a much more efficient use of points I believe. I can spend the rest of the army points for high mobility units which is what our book wants to be doing in my opinion.
    Now, the skink on the palaquin is still expensive considering that he is not a wizard master and that doesn't give any bonuses to the warriors bunker (these should be fixed ;) !). These points combined with the fact that our army can generate a bunch of bound spells and with the fact that armies without wizards get a cheaper dispel scroll makes me flirt with the idea of dropping wizards entirely. Reading the ruling on bound spells on the rulebook it says that an opponent wizard dispelling a bound spell gets a +1 to dispel. It is unclear to me whether this +1 bonus is added to the regular wizard bonus or whether this is the maximum bonus against bound spells. Can you help me in this? thanks in advance!